Xion Audio Player

Misread tags

Discuss potential bugs with other users or try to find out a solution to an existing bug

Postby djinn2 » November 24th, 2009, 7:20 am

I reported in the beta build 124 thread (http://xion.r2.com.au/community/viewtopic.php?p=8737#p8737) about occasional tag reading errors but since it's still occurring in the 125 release I thought I'd mention it again.

Playing a folder of files using either the explorer context menu or dragging the folder onto the player will sometimes cause the wrong tag data to be displayed. This is more apparent if you repopulate the playlist by repeatably playing the same set of tracks. This happens on both Windows 7 and XP.

Another small thing I've just noticed, not sure if it's a bug exactly. If you double-click on a file to play it from explorer and immediately double-click on it again then it gets added to the playlist twice. Each successive double-click will enqueue that file again but you have to get the timing right :? .
djinn2
Xion Admirer

Postby vprimachenko » February 5th, 2011, 7:33 am

i can confirm both
vprimachenko
Xion Supporter

Postby Azvareth » February 20th, 2011, 7:14 am

Same here, drag a folder with few files, seems to confuse XION and select some other song-tag, restart the played song fix the tag-error, I only have this behavior when there is few songs, XION seems to finish something (put in tag-data on list loading), at the same time it seems XION has finished internal work and the list is finished and XION get no more event on file-loads, therefore missing tagging the first track actually played...

hmmm hope this was clear enough, it is not easy explaining things in a no native language
Peace love and understanding... To all, but...
Azvareth
Xion Supporter

Return to Bugs (Release Build)