Xion Audio Player

Always on top

Discuss potential bugs with other users or try to find out a solution to an existing bug

Postby xonenine » December 8th, 2009, 9:35 am

I may have been messing w more open windows than usual lately, like 5-8 windows, when I had to grab Xion a couple of times today, it didn't stay on top...Haven't ever had that prob, and I love that Xion usually stays on top.(This is on Vista Home Prem.) :)
Edit: I've only noticed it w this one skin so far also.(db1011)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby logokas » December 9th, 2009, 4:10 pm

There are times when some windows are not given the 'always on top' exclusive. This is an ancient flaw in Windows and probably forever will be. Sometimes, some windows will just steal the attention away. Sidebar gadgets do this, programs with custom skinning do it, or fail to, Xion included, it's been like this for years.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby xonenine » January 12th, 2010, 5:57 am

This is a more apparent issue w the deus ex machina skin.The skin causes Xion to lose its order quite frequently.Perhaps it's a layering issue w/ something I'm doing.Either way, I figured I'd mention it.

Thanks, xonenine. :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby djinn2 » January 12th, 2010, 1:20 pm

I've had occasional issues with Xion not staying on top. It never stays on top of the taskbar in Windows 7 as soon as the window focus has changed.

In regards to the deus ex machina skin, there's definitely something strange about it (apart from the design :wink:). Not seen an "on top" issue but the tooltips sometimes get messed up :

Never seen this happen before so well done Xonenine :D
djinn2
Xion Admirer

Postby xonenine » January 12th, 2010, 1:40 pm

hehe, thanks.I'm not getting any of that, strange...
xonenine
Xion Freak

Return to Bugs (Release Build)