Xion Audio Player

Joined mp3 files problem

Discuss potential bugs with other users or try to find out a solution to an existing bug

Postby poprune » March 20th, 2010, 7:04 am

I've been using Xion for several months and have been very impressed with it, since it handles all my audio needs perfectly, or it has until recently. I listen to audio books quite a lot and because these are often in inconveniently small files, I join them using the Silver Eagle 101 file splitter and joiner. This worked well until a few weeks ago, when I tried to play a joined mp3 file and found that the the play-back stopped at the end of the first of the joined files (that is, the first 'original' file in the joined file). Because similarly joined mp3 files had worked perfectly well previously, I thought that I'd made a mistake in joining the files, so did the exercise again, only to experience the same problem. Since that incident, every joined mp3 file has demonstrated the same problem in Xion, though they play if I use VLC or Media Player Classic.

This is a real puzzle, because I haven't updated Xion and the mp3 files I'm joining seem to be similar to others I've joined in the past and which have worked. I use the K-lite Mega Codec pack, which I keep more or less updated (I'm currently using 5.7.0).

Any ideas?
poprune
Xion Supporter

Postby djinn2 » March 20th, 2010, 1:24 pm

Have you checked the mp3 files you're joining for errors before joining them? It's possible there are encoding errors and the end of the files which Xion stops at. I'd run the files through some software to make sure.
djinn2
Xion Admirer

Postby logokas » March 22nd, 2010, 6:51 pm

And while your codec pack is completely irrelevant because it doesn't carry any audio, for heaven's sake man, get rid of that K-Lite and put some CCCP on there.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Return to Bugs (Release Build)