Xion Audio Player

Xion don't the default Audio Player on Windows 7

Discuss potential bugs with other users or try to find out a solution to an existing bug

Postby ALZ » April 10th, 2010, 2:43 pm

ok, first of all... sorry for my bad english :(

Xion can not be the default player. Windows does not recognize it as you can see in the picture below: clic here!
This causes me problems using a Microsoft keyboard (Natural Ergonomic 4000) that has buttons for Play/Pause. I press it and open the Windows Media Player instead to pause the track Xion

All this on Windows 7 x64

Hopefully they can solve this
ALZ
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » April 13th, 2010, 7:27 pm

ALZ Wrote:ok, first of all... sorry for my bad english :(

Xion can not be the default player. Windows does not recognize it as you can see in the picture below: clic here!
This causes me problems using a Microsoft keyboard (Natural Ergonomic 4000) that has buttons for Play/Pause. I press it and open the Windows Media Player instead to pause the track Xion

Hi ALZ,

Do you have the Microsoft drivers installed for your keyboard?

If so, after launching Media Player, if you press the buttons now that Media Player are open, does it control Xion? (I've seen this on some systems)

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby ALZ » April 14th, 2010, 12:50 pm

Cliff Cawley Wrote:
ALZ Wrote:ok, first of all... sorry for my bad english :(

Hi ALZ,

Do you have the Microsoft drivers installed for your keyboard?

If so, after launching Media Player, if you press the buttons now that Media Player are open, does it control Xion? (I've seen this on some systems)

Cliff :)

yep, to both questions

1) Driver drivers properly installed (downloaded from Microsoft's site)
2) i can control Xion after launch WMP

and well, I guess the problem is because Windows does not accept the installation of the program (that's not listed in the default program)

... take this opportunity to thank you for your work on this audio player, really is the best =)
ALZ
Xion Supporter

Return to Bugs (Release Build)