Xion Audio Player

Bitrate not always showing and 2 more issues

Discuss potential bugs with other users or try to find out a solution to an existing bug

Postby White Rabbit » September 27th, 2006, 10:03 am

Hi, my first post, so first of...

Awesome work Cliff, this is how skinning should be done! :)

Okay, so a few bugs I noticed...

The bitrate doesn't always show the correct bitrate, instead it shows 0. It's not a very consistent bug as sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. At first I thought it was the tracks, maybe they weren't providing the info, or providing it in a way Xion didn't understand but when I tried the same track on two different computers it produced the bug on one, but not the other. One time, I was able to "fix" the bug by duplicate the bitrate layer, removing the old one and renaming the copy to the correct name, but it didn't work again.

Another bug is just a minor annoyance, but sometimes buttons get stuck in the over position, sometimes for a second or two, but other times they don't go back until you hover over them again and then remove the mouse. I think this happens only with "complex" buttons but I haven't tested it on others (though I haven't noticed it on others either). What I mean by "complex" is I set up a pause/play button the way you described in another thread - play button is also set to be indicator of pause, and pause button indicator of play. What happens sometimes is I would hit pause, so the mouse is over and so it's showing pause_over, now, already at that point I'm thinking it should switch to play because it's indicator of pause, but no biggie. But then I remove the mouse and it's still stuck on pause_over. This doesn't always happen but it does occur with fair frequency.

Finally, and this might not even be a bug but an unfinished feature of sorts, but the visualizer doesn't respect the color or the transparency of the layer, even when I turn off the "random color" option.

All these were discovered as I was working on my first skin, and if you'd like I can send you the skin, maybe I just messed up the layers somewhere.

Thanks
WR

P.S. Is it possible that the skin is misbehaving because I have some extra layers there that are used as part of the design process but are simply hidden for the skin (instead of removed)?
White Rabbit
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » September 28th, 2006, 7:40 am

Hi White Rabbit,

Welcome to the Xion Community!

Thanks for the great comments, I'm glad you are all enjoying the skin system as it took about 4 years of my spare time to develop Xion to where it is now.

I am aware of the issue with the mouse over still showing when the state has changed and hope to fix it in the future.

The Bitrate issue is the first I have heard of. If you are able to get some sort of reproducible case, that would help immensely so that i can reproduce it here and then fix it.

Feel free to use the Skin Submission form on the Contact page and let me know that the skin was for this post for testing.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby White Rabbit » September 28th, 2006, 9:50 am

Cliff Cawley Wrote:The Bitrate issue is the first I have heard of. If you are able to get some sort of reproducible case, that would help immensely so that i can reproduce it here and then fix it.

Feel free to use the Skin Submission form on the Contact page and let me know that the skin was for this post for testing.

Cliff :)

Yeah the bitrate thing is a weird one, I'm gonna try to reproduce it. And actually I just yesterday submited that skin. Other than those two issues, it's pretty much done so hopefully it'll be up soon, and once these are resolved one way or another I'll update it.
White Rabbit
Xion Supporter

Return to Bugs (Release Build)