Xion Audio Player

Bug Report For Build 150

Discuss potential bugs with other users or try to find out a solution to an existing bug

Postby SLoB » April 13th, 2013, 4:18 am

http://multilayerdesign.com/test/techy_ ... aylist.psd :)

As border acts as a resize all around, even adding a solid (and even tested moveable layer above) still kicks in the resizer icon and functionality.
If you look at the default playlist around the close button the resizer is just annoying, there should be some way to block it.

It's like the z-index for resize is higher than any other layer put on top of it.
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Lance » April 13th, 2013, 5:29 am

Ahh right yeah the z-index makes sense. Thought you meant the other layers actually act as a border themselves, which I couldn't replicate obviously. Cool, in which case the z-index of the resize needs to be sent to bottom or at least match it's layer position. Never noticed before since I only make the border the size I want the hit area to be and no greater. Nice find!

I see what you mean with the hue crash now. It was actually fixed but in your psd there's way more layers getting tinted, some of which are tiling too. Honestly I think it's just reaching the limits of what software rendering can handle. Even when it doesn't crash it's far from smooth. I can't imagine much more optimization could be done.
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby SLoB » April 15th, 2013, 7:29 am

also had this kind of funky fuzz a few times on colour change , refresh
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby YourNumbr1Fan » April 16th, 2013, 8:22 am

Like Pedobear said, I have to repeat it here:
Pedobear Wrote:Another bug to report. When you shut down your computer while xion is playing a song etc. all of your settings will reset to default when you boot up and start xion (this includes playlist size, hotkeys etc.)

For me however, even if I'm not playing a song, upon reboot Xion reverts back to defaults (player, etc.)...and I get the "would you like Xion to check for updates" thingy, PLUS THE PLAYER STARTS MINIMIZED. Every time.

I don't understand this. I've tried to save my settings every way I knew how----No dice.

I guess I'l revert back to the former build til you get these bugs worked out.
The entire world belongs to we Xionists!
You Will Respect Our Author-i-teh!!!
YourNumbr1Fan
Xion Supporter

Postby Pedobear » April 16th, 2013, 5:05 pm

BabySatellite Wrote:Like Pedobear said, I have to repeat it here:
Pedobear Wrote:Another bug to report. When you shut down your computer while xion is playing a song etc. all of your settings will reset to default when you boot up and start xion (this includes playlist size, hotkeys etc.)

For me however, even if I'm not playing a song, upon reboot Xion reverts back to defaults (player, etc.)...and I get the "would you like Xion to check for updates" thingy, PLUS THE PLAYER STARTS MINIMIZED. Every time.

I don't understand this. I've tried to save my settings every way I knew how----No dice.

I guess I'l revert back to the former build til you get these bugs worked out.

yea you're correct. this is probably the most annoying bug so far.
edit: uncheck restore playmode on startup (so far this has fixed the issue for me)
edit 2: ^doesn't work :/
Last edited by Pedobear on April 17th, 2013, 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pedobear
Xion Supporter

Postby regener8ed » April 17th, 2013, 4:03 am

has anyone else noticed that "stop after current" doesn't always work?
regener8ed
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » April 17th, 2013, 4:24 am

Can't even get mine to start atm lol :x
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby SLoB » April 24th, 2013, 8:24 pm

Got the minimized bug above today for the 1st time, Xion asks to check if there is an update, then starts up minimized with no windows showing.
Also adds the Xion promo sound file to the current track but yet is not on the playlist. Playlist remains intact from last use.
EQ Settings set to nothing too.
It also changed colour of one of the hue layers as below
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Cliff Cawley » April 27th, 2013, 9:31 pm

SLoB Wrote:http://multilayerdesign.com/test/techy_wip2%20-%20playlist.psd :)

As border acts as a resize all around, even adding a solid (and even tested moveable layer above) still kicks in the resizer icon and functionality.
If you look at the default playlist around the close button the resizer is just annoying, there should be some way to block it.

It's like the z-index for resize is higher than any other layer put on top of it.

Ok, the problem with your skin is that edges and borders were never meant to be used on top of each other (i.e. overlapping).

Borders are just like edges, except they specifically tell Xion which way they can be resized and allow themselves to be resized.

Edges provide the same tiling and functionality as Borders except they don't have the ability to allow you to click and drag them to resize.

In hindsight I should have implemented borders as a keyword property that you add to Edges, however I think at the time I added borders first and Edges second. If I was to redo it, I'd change it just to 'Tileable' and allow you to say 'Tile Vertical' and allow you to say 'Allow to resize like a Left Border'.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby SLoB » April 27th, 2013, 9:42 pm

Yea, I had thought that might be the case, however it should in theory (hopefully practice too ;) ) to be able to stack layers just as we do on main skins.
If I merge the 2nd layer with the main to make 1 layer it colours itself the same as the main colour and that's not what I wanted to get from it.

I realised that the playlist/standard frame was still relatively new and no one has really used it to push any boundaries ;)

So will it be able to stack or are we limited to only 1 layer for these elements?
What about the z-index issue? Will it be possible to use it like I've implemented?
Currently as the elements are rather than keywords it should mean it's possible to stack even more than 2 layers.
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Cliff Cawley » April 27th, 2013, 10:46 pm

Yes, you can stack them if you desire, just currently the resizing doesn't get blocked by other layers you add over the top.

I'll add a fix for this for the build after 154. I'm just releasing 154 to fix the other major issues first :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby SLoB » April 28th, 2013, 1:32 am

Cheers Cliff :) Yea saw the new build, cool :)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Pedobear » April 30th, 2013, 4:00 am

To note, on build 154, the TOGGLE MAIN WINDOW hotkey is still not functional (small issue, but thought you should know)
Pedobear
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » June 4th, 2013, 9:25 pm

Any fixes on the last lot of bug issues/threads Cliff? ;)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Cliff Cawley » June 8th, 2013, 2:07 pm

No, nothing further yet :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

PreviousNext