Xion Audio Player

[fixed: 152] Crash when viewing song info

Discuss potential bugs with other users or try to find out a solution to an existing bug

Postby Selezen » April 25th, 2013, 1:54 am

Running Xion build 151 (testing). Open up the playlist then right click any song, select View Song Information.

Xion crashes with the following message:

This does not happen in Xion build 150 or previous. It happens in Bar mode and in Full mode, both after a default install with no changes to the installation parameters or settings after installation.
Selezen
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » April 25th, 2013, 2:05 am

slightly related
allow drag and drop for album art in song information window on track
How is the album art working (logic wise)? as album art is in the same folder as specific mp3 yet no way to add it to the song info.
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Freerun » April 25th, 2013, 5:07 am

SLoB Wrote:slightly related
allow drag and drop for album art in song information window on track
How is the album art working (logic wise)? as album art is in the same folder as specific mp3 yet no way to add it to the song info.

I think I've read once one post about it or similar issue with "song info".

There are two ways album art is read(known by me) and they are shown by "albumart layer" but not by Song Info.
One way is when album art is in same folder as song tracks and it's name contain "front" word.
Another way is to read from mp3 itself. Some mp3s have album arts inside them. It's possible to add album arts to mp3s in Windows Media Player Library by dragging image on song album art. It will show small text popup "+ Add album art".
Freerun
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » April 25th, 2013, 6:10 pm

Aye, it's possible to add album art in Winamp too, however we shouldn't need to use another program to add it.
I know we programmed some of the album art add-ins for Winamp in the past and used a few logic steps including named files.
I think it should work independent of named files though and pick up the basic files such as jpg, png, bmp etc...
If there are various sizes show the biggest one unless the space it's going into is too small. i.e. no point in putting in a 200*200 image into a 60*60 space (might aswell use the smallest version of say 75*75 or nearest)
Although in the song info panel use the biggest version.
If not various sizes then use the same 1 for all.

Even though I have album art for all my cds/albums a lot of them don't have the mp3s/mp4/m4as tagged with the album art so none show up, not a biggie really.

I'm surprised we missed this functionality after all this time lol ;)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Selezen » April 26th, 2013, 12:16 am

My bug report!! Dragged off topic!! Nooooooo!!! ;-)

I tend to use MP3Tag to add the album art into the actual files themselves. Didn't know Xion could associate album art by filename only. Useful. It might be an idea for me to have a more in-depth look at the features list for this app. Not only is it the best music player around, it's got more features than one can shake a stick at! :)
Selezen
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » April 27th, 2013, 8:57 pm

SLoB Wrote:slightly related

In subject matter perhaps, but completely not related to Bugs [-X

Please start a new thread that's not under Bugs and under a crash bug in particular.

I've now fixed this and will be marking this thread as fixed and therefore may not come back to this.

Cliff
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby Selezen » April 29th, 2013, 9:26 pm

Awesome, thanks! :)
Selezen
Xion Supporter