Xion Audio Player

Xion Running on 64bit

Discuss potential bugs with other users or try to find out a solution to an existing bug

Postby Arch Angel » April 16th, 2007, 7:27 am

I decided to run a few tests with Xion. To test it's limits. I decided to run it on 64 bit vista. It installed perfectly with no errors. Now, I know 64bit Vista is suppose to work with normal 32 bit programs. So I though Xion would be safe. When I went to play a song on the playlist, it ended up listing every song as No Artist - No Title. Now, that never happened that much on my 32 bit Windows XP.

So either Xion disagrees with 64 Bit Vista or something is wrong. I'm not sure but it would be nice to see what song I am listening to.
Arch Angel
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » July 7th, 2007, 6:08 pm

Arch Angel Wrote:I decided to run a few tests with Xion. To test it's limits. I decided to run it on 64 bit vista. It installed perfectly with no errors. Now, I know 64bit Vista is suppose to work with normal 32 bit programs. So I though Xion would be safe. When I went to play a song on the playlist, it ended up listing every song as No Artist - No Title. Now, that never happened that much on my 32 bit Windows XP.

So either Xion disagrees with 64 Bit Vista or something is wrong. I'm not sure but it would be nice to see what song I am listening to.

Hi Arch Angel,

Thanks for the report. I don't have a 64bit machine to test this on, but its possible there is a problem with the tagging system I'm using, especially if the same files work correctly for you on a 32bit machine.

Cliff :)
Last edited by Cliff Cawley on July 11th, 2007, 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby eugene2k » July 11th, 2007, 7:14 pm

If this is a 64bit bug then it must be on vista's side - I run Xion on a AMD64+Vist64 and it works fine.
eugene2k
Xion Supporter

Return to Bugs (Release Build)