Xion Audio Player

[more info required] Lots of Them

Discuss potential bugs with other users or try to find out a solution to an existing bug

Postby shagger1 » October 1st, 2006, 1:16 am

First it plays that silly sound every time it opens-cannot see a setting to disable-
Second I could not use any icon in my system tray when xion was running and
3rd after uninstall it left a "play with xion" entry when I right click on my start menu.

I really dont think this is ready for people to use yet-I use windows XP SP2

Rod
shagger1
Xion Supporter

Postby Nightbreed » October 1st, 2006, 1:44 am

First, I don't get a sound when openning the player. That sounds like a windows issue and not the player's fault.

Second, the system tray, at least on the two machines I have it installed, works just fine. Again, that sounds like a system issue and a very isolated one.

This player is ready for the masses to use, I've used it since the initial announcement of it and it works just fine for me. Other then a few crashes here and there, it's still a great player.
If it aint broke, fix it anyway. You may do it better.
Nightbreed
Xion Supporter

Postby shagger1 » October 1st, 2006, 2:21 am

Well if you say so-I have 3 machines and they all work fine-I will not use your program as xmplay,winamp and a few others work fine,good luck....
Rod
shagger1
Xion Supporter

Postby pickle » October 1st, 2006, 5:45 am

1) I assume that 'silly sound' is that announcer's voice? The only reason that plays every time is because it's in the playlist. Search your playlist & get rid of it - problem solved. If you can't find it in your playlist, it's actual location is in the Xion install directory.

2) What do you mean by 'could not use'? That's open to a lot of interpretation.

3) I haven't uninstalled Xion since I first installed it, but I imagine that's just a bug - either with Xion or Windows. To get rid of it, open up 'Folder Options' from Explorer. Click on the 'File Types' tab. Then browse to MP3 & whatever other filetype has this problem. Click on the 'Advanced' button & remove the 'Play with Xion' option.

There's a programmer's saying that goes: "The program isn't debugged until the last user is dead". I can guarantee that you won't find a single program that runs perfectly fine on every machine. Cliff's been really responsive to community input & I'll bet you the next release will be much better. I encourage you not to write this one off yet.
pickle
Xion Admirer

Postby Nightbreed » October 1st, 2006, 8:22 am

Funny though, what happens when Windows crashes? Uninstall that? lol... j/k
If it aint broke, fix it anyway. You may do it better.
Nightbreed
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » October 1st, 2006, 9:42 am

shagger1 Wrote:First it plays that silly sound every time it opens-cannot see a setting to disable-
Second I could not use any icon in my system tray when xion was running and
3rd after uninstall it left a "play with xion" entry when I right click on my start menu.

I really dont think this is ready for people to use yet-I use windows XP SP2

Rod

Hi Rod,

Welcome to the Xion Community!

I'm sorry to hear that Xion is not working for you. You said that you do hear a 'silly sound' each time? Is that the Xion.mp3 file in the Xion directory?

Could you tell me what type of machine you have in terms of speed and available ram?

The Xion skin engine has been optimized a far amount, however I am still planning to do more optimizing so that it runs faster on some of the older machines like a p3 800.

Hopefully we can work this out for you,

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Return to Bugs (Release Build)