Xion Audio Player

Volume bug after next in Vista

Discuss potential bugs with other users or try to find out a solution to an existing bug

Postby ALAS » May 31st, 2007, 1:22 am

(edited...)

I experienced the problem NOT only on my vista-system (also with some XP-systems). I didn´t have a chance to test other vista PCs so I don´t know if this problem occurs generally with vista....

-turn down volume
-click next
-volume is turned up at beginning of new track

anybody else got that bug?
ALAS
Xion Fan

Postby SLoB » May 31st, 2007, 3:26 am

not in 82 but did in previous builds up to that
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby ALAS » May 31st, 2007, 5:39 am

hmm, strange.. I´m also using build 82 and have that problem on two XP and one Vista PC..
ALAS
Xion Fan

Postby Cliff Cawley » May 31st, 2007, 10:08 pm

ALAS Wrote:hmm, strange.. I´m also using build 82 and have that problem on two XP and one Vista PC..

Do they have any similar components such as the same sound cards or drivers or something?

I have been unable to reproduce this on my desktop and laptop here.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby ALAS » June 1st, 2007, 4:48 am

Cliff Cawley Wrote:
ALAS Wrote:hmm, strange.. I´m also using build 82 and have that problem on two XP and one Vista PC..

Do they have any similar components such as the same sound cards or drivers or something?

No, the only things all three have in common (except of Xion istalled) is of course Photoshop (7.0), Rainmeter and Sonique Media Player (does strange things sometimes). No "dominant" things like Firewalls or Anti-Virus-Software.

One XP-PC has a preistalled home edition se (Soundblaster soundcard not on-board) the other one (Laptop) XP professional se (soundcard on board)
The third one (Laptop) has a preistalled Vista professional (soundcard on-board) and, because it´s rather new not many things installed from me yet.

Just to be shure we´re talking about the same thing:

I turn down Volume from 100 to 0% at Xion (while playing a track)
After pressing next (or previous) volume is at maximum amount, but the volume slider remains at minimum
after correcting the volume everything´s fine again

tested it also with different skins and sources

it does (sometimes) not happen- when the volume is decreased from for example just 75 to 0% instead of 100 to 0%...
ALAS
Xion Fan

Postby SLoB » June 1st, 2007, 6:35 am

cant reproduce that either on any system, have you tried checking the output device and checking the applicable device, would have thought you've done that already tho?

:roll: was probably clutching at straws ther but ya never kno ;)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby ALAS » June 1st, 2007, 7:41 am

the output device settings don´t affect the phenomenon (yes, i had tested that before :wink:)...

but applicable device ??

BUT: when I played around there again I found something new and interesting. You know, in settings you can also control Xion´s volume. When I turn it down there (and the compliant volume slider of Xion´s skin follows my movement) everything´s fine..

don´t tell me something like " then why don´t you turn down the volume there each time and don´t annoy us with your problems..." :wink:

hmmm. strange. It seems that only I have that problems :roll:, I can live with it, I just wanted to discuss it here, if it is a major problem. Maybe it´s just one more addition to the numerous X-files...
ALAS
Xion Fan

Return to Bugs (Release Build)