Xion Audio Player

Yet another immediate crash almost at startup

Discuss potential bugs with other users or try to find out a solution to an existing bug

Postby rruscio » May 31st, 2007, 9:52 am

(was) Running with xion_v1.0b82.exe. Had my mp3 files on an external drive, and mounted the volumn inside a folder. Ran Xion, and as soon as the mouse touched the skin of the player, my debugger (VS2005) caught an exception.

Un-installed, re-installed, same thing. Got a fresh download, same thing. Edited the Showlibrary true/false tag, same thing. Removed all references to Xion from the registry, same thing.

I am open to suggestions ... :cry:

rr
rruscio
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » May 31st, 2007, 10:06 pm

rruscio Wrote:(was) Running with xion_v1.0b82.exe. Had my mp3 files on an external drive, and mounted the volumn inside a folder. Ran Xion, and as soon as the mouse touched the skin of the player, my debugger (VS2005) caught an exception.

Un-installed, re-installed, same thing. Got a fresh download, same thing. Edited the Showlibrary true/false tag, same thing. Removed all references to Xion from the registry, same thing.

I am open to suggestions ... :cry:

rr

You mentioned that you mounted a volume from an external drive. Did you actually add any of these files to Xion in the end? Is it possible that one of them is causing Xion to crash?

If you can give me some more details for reproducing and perhaps a file that is causing it to crash, that would be great!

Thanks!
Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby rruscio » June 1st, 2007, 10:07 am

I'll give you whatever I can. Just let me know how to get it.

All of my mp3's are on the external drive. I had all of them in a playlist (point it at the top folder and let it add 12,000 songs ...). Worked great.

Then, I mounted the drive in a folder - wanted to play with the file system. That's when Xion crashed just after startup. And, after most other things ...

I've removed the mount point. Now, just a lettered external drive.

Since, I've been able to add a small number of files - one album at a time. Trying to do more crashes it. No pattern to it, other than one album seems to work, more than one seems to crash.

What might I send you?

rr
rruscio
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » June 1st, 2007, 8:56 pm

rruscio Wrote:I'll give you whatever I can. Just let me know how to get it.

All of my mp3's are on the external drive. I had all of them in a playlist (point it at the top folder and let it add 12,000 songs ...). Worked great.

Then, I mounted the drive in a folder - wanted to play with the file system. That's when Xion crashed just after startup. And, after most other things ...

I've removed the mount point. Now, just a lettered external drive.

Since, I've been able to add a small number of files - one album at a time. Trying to do more crashes it. No pattern to it, other than one album seems to work, more than one seems to crash.

What might I send you?

rr

Hmm, so it works fine if you just use the external drive as it is?

When you talk about a mount point, do you mean you are using the subst command? If not, how else are you creating this?

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby rruscio » June 2nd, 2007, 12:02 pm

Thanks for the support.

Well, if I can get the playlist to add the files, it seems to play OK. As I mentioned, though, it crashes if I try to add more than one album, or a directory with a large number of songs (just crashed it with 52). at a time.

By mount point I mean: Administrative tools: Computer Management: Disk Management: right-click on ExternalDrive, and select "Change Drive Letter and Paths ...". Click "Add", and "Mount in the following empty NTFS folder:" Then, I selected a folder I'd just created on my C: drive, and hit "OK".

Thanks again,

rr
rruscio
Xion Supporter

Postby rruscio » June 4th, 2007, 4:01 am

Went to Configure Xion: Clicked on Simple Library and enabled it. Closed the Configure Xion window. Clicked on the playlist that was in there (an old one I'd created). Selected 'new playlist' off the menu bar. Add a Directory (my whole library), and it took it.

So, I'm happy, but confused.

Think I'll be more careful about saving playlists from no on, and I will NOT play with the file system and this drive.

Next steps?

rr
rruscio
Xion Supporter

Postby tiggzy » June 9th, 2007, 1:49 am

nver wanted to create another thread..so i'll use this one. Hi i'm a noob .name is tiggzy ..anyways..my Xion 1.0.82 crashes on startup as well ...as soon as i open it ...and it greets me with di "Xion runs better ooks better ..souns better"...it crashes immediately. Now i tired re-installing it...the same ting happen. I was trying to follow wat sum of di other users did..which is disable simple library..but it shuts down so fast after start up..i cant get di chance to do it . HELP PLEASE :?
tiggzy
Xion Supporter

Return to Bugs (Release Build)