Xion Audio Player

A pretty random bug...

Discuss potential bugs with other users or try to find out a solution to an existing bug

Postby KEV-O » September 23rd, 2007, 2:15 pm

Well, I noticed this during the creation of a new skin. In the skin, I'm toggling a trans_volume layer on and off by setting it, and a blank layer within an animation group. So it's like this...

GROUP NAME: animation animtype(1) id(2) paused
BLANK LAYER NAME: delay(30)
LAYER NAME: trans_volumel

So, I play the animation, and the VU meter appears and starts working. Next, I hit the stop button. and finally I hit the play button again, and although the song is playing again, the layer will not 'jump' to the music.

Next, if I play the animation group in reverse (to hide the trans_volume layer), and then play it forward to show it again, it will work again!

That was kind of a tough one to explain. I hope you understand Cliff! It's not a show-stopping bug, but just thought I'd mention it!
KEV-O
Xion Admirer

Postby Cliff Cawley » September 23rd, 2007, 11:58 pm

KEV-O Wrote:Well, I noticed this during the creation of a new skin. In the skin, I'm toggling a trans_volume layer on and off by setting it, and a blank layer within an animation group. So it's like this...

GROUP NAME: animation animtype(1) id(2) paused
BLANK LAYER NAME: delay(30)
LAYER NAME: trans_volumel

So, I play the animation, and the VU meter appears and starts working. Next, I hit the stop button. and finally I hit the play button again, and although the song is playing again, the layer will not 'jump' to the music.

Next, if I play the animation group in reverse (to hide the trans_volume layer), and then play it forward to show it again, it will work again!

That was kind of a tough one to explain. I hope you understand Cliff! It's not a show-stopping bug, but just thought I'd mention it!

Could you send me a very simple skin that shows working, and include a link to this thread?

Thanks!
Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Return to Bugs (Release Build)