Xion Audio Player

Start-stop isntantly error

Discuss potential bugs with other users or try to find out a solution to an existing bug

Postby skarz » October 6th, 2007, 4:06 pm

well, I've tried xion, for ooo, maybe 3 seconds now and would love to be able to use it, but every time I click on the exe, it simply pops up for a split second, begins playing the intro xion mp3, and then just closes, over and over

anyone have any ideas?
skarz
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » October 6th, 2007, 4:11 pm

skarz Wrote:well, I've tried xion, for ooo, maybe 3 seconds now and would love to be able to use it, but every time I click on the exe, it simply pops up for a split second, begins playing the intro xion mp3, and then just closes, over and over

anyone have any ideas?

Would you be able to post some system specifications? OS, Ram, etc?

Was there a crash dialog at all, or it simply closed?

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby skarz » October 6th, 2007, 4:19 pm

my appologies,

CPU: AMD turion 1.8 Ghz dual core
RAM: 2 gigs, not sure brand
Video card: Nvidia go 6150
OS: Windows XP pro (original was vista, I installed and configured it myself, though never had any problems)

in the background, I'm running steam, logitech's setpoint, tuneup 2007, MSN, AVG, and my laptop's battery monitor and audio settings, as well as the nvidia control panel, also wireless, though that shouldnt cause any problems either

maybe you can figure something from that, thank you!
skarz
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » October 6th, 2007, 8:26 pm

also have a quick check in eventvwr, see if there are any entries for Xion in the apps section, post the result

also try and disable the library by changing the settings.dat file, open in notepad goto line <simplelibrary Load="true" /> and change true to false

see if it starts up then

assume using 1.82 build?, failing the above try the latest beta build in the beta forum
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Return to Bugs (Release Build)