Xion Audio Player

[more info required] Buffer overrun message when launching

Discuss potential bugs with other users or try to find out a solution to an existing bug

Postby default13 » October 7th, 2007, 11:29 am

Xion is awesome, I downloaded the latest Beta Build, 84, and everything is going fine. But when i launched it, the promo and the player showed up,.....along with this window titled "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" saying

"Buffer overrun detected!

Program: C:\Program Files \r2 Studios\Xion\Xion.exe

A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's
internal sate. The program cannot safely continue execution and must
now be terminated."

The player still works and all, ... I can also just drag this window behind my taskbar, but i would really want to know how to prevent this window from popping up. And BTW, did i mention how awesome this player is!?!?!?!?!?!?

I really would like to know how to prevent this
default13
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » January 9th, 2008, 9:17 pm

default13 Wrote:Xion is awesome, I downloaded the latest Beta Build, 84, and everything is going fine. But when i launched it, the promo and the player showed up,.....along with this window titled "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" saying

"Buffer overrun detected!

Program: C:\Program Files \r2 Studios\Xion\Xion.exe

A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's
internal sate. The program cannot safely continue execution and must
now be terminated."

The player still works and all, ... I can also just drag this window behind my taskbar, but i would really want to know how to prevent this window from popping up. And BTW, did i mention how awesome this player is!?!?!?!?!?!?

I really would like to know how to prevent this

Is it possible that you have some sort of debugging tools active? I don't get this on my machine. Which version of Windows are you using? Its possible this has been fixed in build 86?

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Return to Bugs (Release Build)