Xion Audio Player

Another Playlist Problem ? Not too sure ...

Discuss potential bugs with other users or try to find out a solution to an existing bug

Postby mike_b1954 » October 13th, 2007, 10:08 am

Hello everyone ..

I have a weird problem ... For starters ,all the music I have is usually played by WMP ..
and occasionally I like to use xion ...

Now, I know that if I Add Directory , etc ... I can get some of the wmp lists into the Playlist ... no problem there ..

Then all of a sudden the playlist goes totally mad and scrolls up and down the list very quiclkly and My xion will not play anything at all . ... .

FYI I am using the THX skin .. I presume that perhaps I need to set it up somewhere else in the options , I have looked , but to no avail ... :cry: ](*,)

Sorry if it seems like a totally noob question, but I am also totally flummoxed !!

Any gentle help or nudge ( and maybe a sharp kick up the rear ! ) would be truly welcomed ... :oops:

Kind Regards

Mike
Desktop Sidebar Master Skinner ~ and general all round good guy !
mike_b1954
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » October 13th, 2007, 6:04 pm

mike_b1954 Wrote:Hello everyone ..

I have a weird problem ... For starters ,all the music I have is usually played by WMP ..
and occasionally I like to use xion ...

Now, I know that if I Add Directory , etc ... I can get some of the wmp lists into the Playlist ... no problem there ..

Then all of a sudden the playlist goes totally mad and scrolls up and down the list very quiclkly and My xion will not play anything at all . ... .

FYI I am using the THX skin .. I presume that perhaps I need to set it up somewhere else in the options , I have looked , but to no avail ... :cry: ](*,)

Sorry if it seems like a totally noob question, but I am also totally flummoxed !!

Any gentle help or nudge ( and maybe a sharp kick up the rear ! ) would be truly welcomed ... :oops:

Kind Regards

Mike

Not sure exactly what this is, could you write out some steps to reproduce it?

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby pictoratus » October 14th, 2007, 2:04 pm

I haven't seen the playlist scrolling up and down as you describe, but Xion does seem to lock up a lot and won't play anything until I restart it.

It happens more often when clicking next or previous as opposed to normal progression from song to song.

Doesn't make any difference what skin I use. It's just one of those things I'm willing to put up with to use the player ;)
pictoratus
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » October 14th, 2007, 3:53 pm

pictoratus Wrote:I haven't seen the playlist scrolling up and down as you describe, but Xion does seem to lock up a lot and won't play anything until I restart it.

It happens more often when clicking next or previous as opposed to normal progression from song to song.

Doesn't make any difference what skin I use. It's just one of those things I'm willing to put up with to use the player ;)

pictoratus, what type of machine do you use? I.e. What speed, ram, OS, etc ? Its possible the skins are slowing your pc down on a slower pc?

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby pictoratus » October 14th, 2007, 8:34 pm

I've got a AMD Sempron 3000+ (1.80 GHz), 512 RAM, Nvidia Geforce 7100 GS, XP Pro SP2

It doesn't seem to have any problem running Xion as far as speed or lag, just after clicking next (or previous) a few times to scroll ahead or back a song or two or three, it doesn't play. I've seen it with many different skins.

There doesn't seem to be any pattern; sometimes I can change songs numerous times with no problems. Other times it will happen almost every time I change songs.

Usually I have Xion running along with one or two other apps; typically IE7 or PS 7.

On skins that have a play pause indicator, it still shows as playing. Stopping and starting the song with the Stop/ Play buttons does no good. And the progess bar is usually at 100 percent as if at the end of the song. I also can't drag the progress bar; it's 'stuck'.

After restarting Xion, it plays as it should.

I also get this sometimes when I change to a new stream from my library.

I had reported this before and was told it was a known issue.

I figured it would be fixed eventually. :)
pictoratus
Xion Supporter

Postby ALAS » October 16th, 2007, 5:15 am

mike_b1954 Wrote: the playlist goes totally mad and scrolls up and down the list very quiclkly and My xion will not play anything at all . ... .

got that problem when using a playlist pointing to another network PC that´s not available at the moment

... regardless of the skin used

additional information: Xion doesn´t give in in that case, but not everytime (haven´t figured out how to reproduce that for shure)

P.S.: experienced on an XP system
ALAS
Xion Fan

Postby SLoB » October 17th, 2007, 1:23 am

thats expected behaviour, if the networked pc is offline or not connected to the network then the pl just hops to the next track until it finds one that is legit

other than that could be wmp files that are not 100% ok or a possible bug

perhaps put some of the wmp files that did not want to play up so we can dl and check them out

or those files have moved to another folder but the old link is still there in the playlist?
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Return to Bugs (Release Build)