Xion Audio Player

Official Thread for Vista Bugs

Discuss potential bugs with other users or try to find out a solution to an existing bug

Postby SLoB » October 14th, 2007, 2:12 am

Post Vista related bugs here please both for 32bit and 64bit versions
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby SLoB » October 14th, 2007, 2:20 am

got round to sorting my Vista (64bit version, Xion in (86)) drive out, have 84 installed, here's a few things that I've found so far:-

Sliders - not behaving like they should, starting position for slider seems out of whack (ie starting around 40/50% of slider whereas would start at 0 in XP)

loading a skin - if you have downloaded a skin and saved it to the interface folder, it has a loading text where the preview would be but does not load a preview and neither does the skin load if selected
looks like the path line is borked for skins if you look in options for the shimmer interface
with C:\Program Files (x86)\r2 Studios\Xion\Interfaces\Torsion.xsf?Switcher.psd
this is not the right skin name within the xsf so there's the above issue explained, why its picking that up is another question, seems like an array is borked in the selections hence the skin not showing? the skin loaded is neither of these 2 skins tho ;)

skins in interface folder - if you place any skins into the interface folder, those skins do not show up in the choose skin selections
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby ALAS » October 16th, 2007, 5:05 am

haven´t got any of the problems you mentioned, SLoB...but I´m using the 32bit version of Vista (home premium)...
ALAS
Xion Fan

Postby SLoB » October 17th, 2007, 1:17 am

on 64bit ultimate here, seems like there are still a lot of mainstream software not going to work in 64bit even if they are 32bit programs, some of the installers fall over, if they were msi then at least i could bosh them over the head with orca a bit
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Brag0n » August 16th, 2008, 5:38 am

Ok here I go..
I know it's stupid to ask, but I haven't really found this solution anywhere else on the net either ;S *sigh*
I'm having problems with ANY music programs at all.. games and everything seems to be fine.. playing movies are OK as well, but when testing out Xion(my favourite), winamp etc.
After playing halfway through a song or 1 and a half.. The music hangs.. just totally!
Started happening like 3-4 days ago.. no idea what I've done either ;S
Short term memory! *yay* :roll:
So here I go and ask..
I've updated to the newest audio drives, check out everything like that.. will try to install avast and some other dirt removing progs though I doubt this will help.. It all seems like a hardware malfunction but it doesn't seem to affect anything else.. so maybe a driver somewhere..
However I've also tried to format my computer... No help there after reinstall ;S
Anyone wanna give this prob a shot?

Would be REALLY MUCH APPRECIATED!
-Brag0n-

P.S. using Vista 64-bit
Brag0n
Xion Supporter

Postby Garrett » April 29th, 2009, 4:00 am

As I went to uninstall Xion this morning, I found the uninstaller hanging at the beginning of the uninstall. Further research I found that Xion had not closed the last time I used last night and was still stuck running under the processes and sucking up quite a bit of CPU. Had to kill it's processes, and then the uninstaller kicked back in and finished it's job.

Other than that, I encountered no other bugs or the issues noted above my reply here.

Mind you, I wasn't uninstalling because of this bug either. But that would've definitely put a damper on using this latest release of Xion for me.

Specs:

* Windows Vista Business with SP1
* 2 gb of ram
* 32 bit system
* Intel Pent 1.7 ghz cpu

Great job developing Xion. It's a great alternative to all the other players out there and ranks high in my list of excellent programs Keep up the great work on it too. :-)
Do nothing be nothing, do something be something.

Some software and links: [Parabolic Logic]
My blog, or, My Rants: [MSN Live Spaces]
Garrett
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » April 29th, 2009, 7:47 am

Garrett Wrote:As I went to uninstall Xion this morning, I found the uninstaller hanging at the beginning of the uninstall. Further research I found that Xion had not closed the last time I used last night and was still stuck running under the processes and sucking up quite a bit of CPU. Had to kill it's processes, and then the uninstaller kicked back in and finished it's job.

Other than that, I encountered no other bugs or the issues noted above my reply here.

Which version of Xion were you using? Was it build 100? Or one of the Beta builds?

Garrett Wrote:Mind you, I wasn't uninstalling because of this bug either. But that would've definitely put a damper on using this latest release of Xion for me.

Specs:

* Windows Vista Business with SP1
* 2 gb of ram
* 32 bit system
* Intel Pent 1.7 ghz cpu

Great job developing Xion. It's a great alternative to all the other players out there and ranks high in my list of excellent programs Keep up the great work on it too. :-)

Thanks Garrett. I'm sorry to hear that you are leaving. Hopefully you will reconsider.

Cliff
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Return to Bugs (Release Build)