Xion Audio Player

CD Play - possible bug

Discuss potential bugs with other users or try to find out a solution to an existing bug

Postby SLoB » January 2nd, 2008, 11:30 pm

if playing a track from a cd and then you eject cd, a very small sound loop is created once the disc ejects, it keeps repeating this sound loop all the time the cd draw is open but the timer still counts on

when new cd is put in, xion kicks in to play the next track on the cd rather than first track as the playlist is still intact as track 01, track 02 etc.

expected to happen
playlist is wiped if cd or songs from cd wiped from playlist if playlist has combination of songs from various media
track stops
nothing plays until new cd or other track selected
track 01 to play if new cd inserted, playlist to be refreshed with cd track listing

Cliff is there going to be some sort of CCDB/album list checking online implemented at some point?
not a biggie as there going to be boshed to mp4s anyways but just wanted to listen to em on cd 1st

i got a lot of CDs for Christmas heheh ;)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Cliff Cawley » January 3rd, 2008, 9:45 am

SLoB Wrote:if playing a track from a cd and then you eject cd, a very small sound loop is created once the disc ejects, it keeps repeating this sound loop all the time the cd draw is open but the timer still counts on

when new cd is put in, xion kicks in to play the next track on the cd rather than first track as the playlist is still intact as track 01, track 02 etc.

expected to happen
playlist is wiped if cd or songs from cd wiped from playlist if playlist has combination of songs from various media
track stops
nothing plays until new cd or other track selected
track 01 to play if new cd inserted, playlist to be refreshed with cd track listing

Cliff is there going to be some sort of CCDB/album list checking online implemented at some point?
not a biggie as there going to be boshed to mp4s anyways but just wanted to listen to em on cd 1st

i got a lot of CDs for Christmas heheh ;)

Bugs sound about correct and suggestions for changes sound good, I haven't played much with Audio Cd's as my CD Drive died a while back and now that I have a new one, I haven't listened to many Audio CD's! :P

Yes, I do hope to add CDDB support in the future. It hasn't been a high priority unlike the skin stuff, but now that the skin stuff is more organised and ready for Hardware, I hope to pump the features of the other things. The Hardware will come thereafter and then hopefully skinnable playlists thereafter.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby SLoB » January 7th, 2008, 2:31 am

Another CD /Playlist bug, don't think its related to betas but this is the latest beta being used hence posted here rather than in the beta thread

in my playlist i have 15 tracks of mp3s from urls, nothing else

for some reason xp decided to reboot when starting a game up, upon reboot

start xion, open playlist, all url tracks are still there but click on play then plays the cd i still have in the cddraw rather than tracks on the playlist

when that track finishes it sits there, so click next and it goes to play the song from the url but doesnt actually play it, its like it does not kick in the buffering process on the end of the cd track for next song

a restart of xion then kicks in the playlist as previously above no amount of clicking/pausing/stopping/playing will get the tracks working, its like it does not recognise the track or buffer it after playing a cd track
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby SLoB » February 23rd, 2008, 10:13 am

noticed a cd skipping a little bit (no cpu usage) volume is set to approx 40% (doesnt really matter what its set at tho)
when the cd kicks back in the volume rises, can rise a few times

its intermittent so ule need to try and repro a skipping cd heh :)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Return to Bugs (Release Build)