Xion Audio Player

Possible bug?

Discuss potential bugs with other users or try to find out a solution to an existing bug

Postby Vlad » March 28th, 2008, 9:07 am

Hi. I tried looking through the previous issues mentioned to see if my problem was mentioned and couldn't find it. With that said, I've got a problem with running Xion though I"m not entirely sure its a bug. I'm running it on an hp laptop with vista 32bit system. Xion was working for a while with all file types, but after I downloaded and installed a driver related to issues for my Coxenant Audio system, it stopped working completely. To describe it better, whenever I start up Xion, the player gui loads, but it freaks out. Just about everything on the interface is flickering and switches on and off. It won't play anything and any settings I go to change (except the skin) won't have any effect on it. Also, while Xion doesn't seem to work, Realplayer still works fine with all files. Any ideas on what's going on?

I apologize if this problem was solved already.
~Thanks.
Vlad
Xion Supporter

Postby logokas » March 28th, 2008, 9:17 am

I would suggest reinstalling Xion clean. As in, uninstall Xion, make sure all related files are deleted, and then install build 95. If that doesn't operate nice enough, try an earlier build to verify it's that one build causing problems.

Lastly, there might be a player clash here between Xion and Realplayer.

If you ask me, i would just get rid of Realplayer. It's useless. Most codec packs come with the files needed to play .RA and other Real software type of media. You can also download RealAlternative as a separate solution.

Are you running Vista with Service Pack 1?
logokas
Xion Addict

Return to Bugs (Release Build)