Xion Audio Player

Logitech G15 problem

Discuss potential bugs with other users or try to find out a solution to an existing bug

Postby Elvamir » May 8th, 2008, 8:10 am

I have the Logitech G15 Keyboard, with latest software release (release 32.) It picks up the Xion player from the moment I installed it (latest version of player, build 100) and it displays the track information on the keyboard LCD but it doesn't allow control all of the time. The only way I can get it to work is if I go in the Xion player menu and click "About Xion" and then after closing the "About Xion" window the G15 will let me control the player. But as soon as I make another application active it loses connection with the Xion and I can't control it any more, only display it.

Hope that wasn't too confusing, the way I explained it. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions for fixing it?
Elvamir
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » May 8th, 2008, 6:57 pm

I don't have a G15 keyboard any more to test this on, can someone else confirm this?

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby logokas » May 8th, 2008, 8:43 pm

I'm currently using the regular G15 ( orange LED system, less function buttons ) keyboard and it doesn't really have any problems for me.

However i did notice that Xion did not respond properly to my keypresses at first, and in fact, crashed. I didn't really get what caused all of that but when i restarted Xion, the keys continued to be faulty for a short while, and then suddenly fixed themselves. I had a wireless keyboard before with media keys configured for Xion, so it might have been the cause, but the Logitech media keys share the same code in all keyboards, so they matched.

I will be buying the Gaming G15 soon, so i can let you know how it works on that one. It could take a week or so, though.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Elvamir » May 9th, 2008, 9:49 am

I have the G15 with blue LED's. Not sure what the differences are between that one and the one with the orange LED's. Maybe you have an older version of the software, and that might be it. Maybe this newer release of the Logitech software works different? Sounds like you had similiar issues though, but fortunately yours figured itself out. :P

I tried restarting Xion, and no change to behavior. Still only works after I click an "About Xion" and exit the "About Xion" window, then it will recognize the player until I click on some other application or inside my web browster. Then it stops working again. Very odd.

I really appreciate everyone's help on this! I'm sure for the developers it's not easy to figure these things out, but your work is greatly appreciated by the fans! So thanks! :D
Elvamir
Xion Supporter

Postby logokas » May 10th, 2008, 7:57 am

Okay, reporting from behind my new Gaming G15.

All systems functional, using G15 software version 2.02.101 downloaded from g15forums.com

No problems here, so it must be something in the configurations.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby OfficerMike07 » May 10th, 2008, 2:49 pm

I actually came to the forum just now to ask about G15 playback buttons... lo and behold, there's already discussion going on about it. I have this same useless button problem, using a first gen G15 (the blue one). Play, pause, next, and previous don't work on it for Xion (except after opening and closing the about window, now that I've heard about it), but the screen cycling buttons (the ones that switch between the progress bar, L/R speaker volume, and the VU meter) do work.

*Updates drivers*

Still not working... now using 2.02.101 driver on Vista HP SP1 32 bit
OfficerMike07
Xion Fan

Location: A house, Lakeland, Florida, United States, North America, Earth, Milky Way

Postby logokas » May 11th, 2008, 8:51 am

Ah, Vista. I knew something was wrong with this picture.

I really believe you took a wrong leap when you chose to use Vista. It's far from where it needs to be to actually outdate XP and become the superior OS. Maybe Vista SP3 will get that far.

On XP, none of such problems are experienced.

I'll soon make a Documentation Topic about Xion and media keyboards, and i'll put this bug in there.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby OfficerMike07 » May 11th, 2008, 5:15 pm

logokas Wrote:Ah, Vista. I knew something was wrong with this picture.

I really believe you took a wrong leap when you chose to use Vista. It's far from where it needs to be to actually outdate XP and become the superior OS. Maybe Vista SP3 will get that far.

Hey now... no Vista bashing here. How else was I supposed to run Halo 2? Sure there's a few problems here or there, but no matter what OS you use, nothing's perfect. I may be choosing to use an imperfect OS, but I'm using the one that helps me be most productive. I can't begin to express how much time I've saved by not having to click Start>Programs>blah>blahblah.... and I don't have the patience to learn the syntax for the other crappy launcher programs that do worse what Vista's search box does perfectly. There's other pluses too, but I'm going to bed now.
OfficerMike07
Xion Fan

Location: A house, Lakeland, Florida, United States, North America, Earth, Milky Way

Postby SLoB » May 11th, 2008, 8:15 pm

for program launching why not create a shortcut to desktop, create a folder then put the shortcut into the folder, then add the folder to the toolbar, 2 clicks then to launch and the shortcuts are tidied away into a folder where you can add more
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Cliff Cawley » May 11th, 2008, 11:55 pm

Elvamir, are you using Vista too?

Perhaps Vista with these drivers are causing the problem. If this is so I'll have to see if I can borrow the G15 again and a Vista install to debug it.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby OfficerMike07 » May 12th, 2008, 2:29 am

SLoB Wrote:for program launching why not create a shortcut to desktop, create a folder then put the shortcut into the folder, then add the folder to the toolbar, 2 clicks then to launch and the shortcuts are tidied away into a folder where you can add more

because I'm not that creative. I"M KEEPING MY VISTA!!!!

*runs away*
OfficerMike07
Xion Fan

Postby SLoB » May 12th, 2008, 2:43 am

heheh, you should be able to do it on both os :)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby logokas » May 12th, 2008, 6:27 am

Considering how slow Vista can be, i think XP means more productivity.

Oh yeah and what kind of productivity are you talking about? You're a gamer.
You saying that sounds like youve been had by the age-old 'productivity' marketing trick.

Seriously, this makes me laugh.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Elvamir » May 12th, 2008, 8:44 am

No, I am using XP SP2 Home Edition. Maybe it has to do with the blue light version of the G15 board? Seems that's at least one thing the other poster and I have in common. If there are any other specs for my comp that you need to help you troubleshooting let me know and I'll be happy to provide them.
Elvamir
Xion Supporter

Postby OfficerMike07 » May 12th, 2008, 12:50 pm

logokas Wrote:Oh yeah and what kind of productivity are you talking about? You're a gamer.
You saying that sounds like youve been had by the age-old 'productivity' marketing trick.

school work

a little web design

artwork
OfficerMike07
Xion Fan

Next

Return to Bugs (Release Build)