Xion Audio Player

[fixed: 108] Lack of Unicode problem?

Discuss potential bugs with other users or try to find out a solution to an existing bug

Postby dragoon » November 4th, 2008, 5:28 am

Basically, a lot of the japanese songs I have refuse to play and show up with ???? as the title and artist. Some of them do play, but most don't. I assume this has something to do with the unicode support explained in a thread below!

Just thought I'd report it because it's so frustrating!

Recap:
Certain songs will not load. No timer is displayed (Countdown, time left). It stays at 00:00. This wouldn't be too much of a problem except it stops randomizing throug my list, so I have to manually press next to get to another song that plays. The songs play in WMP just fine for the record.
dragoon
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » November 4th, 2008, 8:15 am

dragoon Wrote:Image

Basically, a lot of the japanese songs I have refuse to play and show up with ???? as the title and artist. Some of them do play, but most don't. I assume this has something to do with the unicode support explained in a thread below!

Just thought I'd report it because it's so frustrating!

Recap:
Certain songs will not load. No timer is displayed (Countdown, time left). It stays at 00:00. This wouldn't be too much of a problem except it stops randomizing throug my list, so I have to manually press next to get to another song that plays. The songs play in WMP just fine for the record.

Hi dragoon,

Can you use the Contact page and send me a copy of one of the files that doesn't play for you? If you can, please include a link to this post.

Thanks!

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby dragoon » December 12th, 2008, 10:12 pm

Ok, I sent it. I hope you can figure something out!
dragoon
Xion Supporter

Postby logokas » December 13th, 2008, 4:42 am

Unicode beating down on Cliff. Heehee.

Consider your problem to be fixed after new year. Everyone's caught up with the holidays and all. Give 'im a breather.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Return to Bugs (Release Build)