Xion Audio Player

Pure Adium (port)

Leave you feedback for skin authors who have published their skins on the Skins page

Postby leadfoot » April 20th, 2009, 6:30 am

Jikaru Wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=dd6fe415d13a5b6b1ed9267eb2bc13f44520b76bf94ba6f2

Here's a simple re-work of what you did layer names-wise. I added a few little things and moved some stuff around so that it fit better...If you want to continue to update off this I wouldn't mind I just did this to fix a few things while I use it...feel free to do whatever.

Nice! I would like to tweak this (rounded outside corners on the Art to make it match the original & make the art a little bigger), but it looks better than what I had done.
leadfoot
Xion Supporter

Postby Jikaru » April 21st, 2009, 1:34 am

Go right ahead, I just had to fix the order of the song info because having the album in the midde throws me off, im used to having the song in the middle...thank MTV lol. I also found it annoying not having a close/minimize button lol. And I added the album art just for our reference...

Btw Im not sure if the album art will round out the edges if the layer fill is rounded...but its worth a try...I can't test with album art considering I do not use it.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby xonenine » April 21st, 2009, 5:57 am

The albumart is not constrained to any specific shape, other than the fact that the originals tend to be squarish, and can only be stretched so far in width before they start to look funny.

A feathered transparent selection or gradient will fade the album art like any other regular layer or layer mask would.
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby leadfoot » April 22nd, 2009, 4:21 am

I've been using this for a couple of days now, and it is really working well. There are several things that would be "Nice to Have" that I may try to tackle eventually, but I'm not in any rush: like making it about a 1/4-1/3 narrower would make it fit my netbook screen better (I just got it last week), maybe putting in bitrate and time remaining. All just tweaks. It's a really good port of the original. Thanks again!
leadfoot
Xion Supporter

Postby Jikaru » April 22nd, 2009, 10:14 pm

explain to me why you would need the bitrate and I might do the rest for you.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby leadfoot » April 22nd, 2009, 11:07 pm

I don't NEED it. It's just something I like to see. I'd rather leave it off and get the narrower player.
leadfoot
Xion Supporter

Postby leadfoot » November 13th, 2009, 3:32 am

I've been using Jikaru's mod to this skin ever since, and haven't really wanted to try anything else, so a big Thank You! to Jikaru for the mod and to stahlmantel for the original port of the CD Art Display skin (Cliff gets props too....) . Xion with this one uses less memory than CAD did, and you still needed a player!
leadfoot
Xion Supporter

Postby redfire28 » November 13th, 2009, 3:03 pm

I really like this skin, this is the second skin ive downloaded so far since i found out about xion and i think i will be using this from now on. Its very clean and simple looking. If anyone wants, i also made a playlist skin and a bar mode skin based on this. (http://www.mediafire.com/?whmn2zjr2zq). this would be my first time trying to make a skin, so forgive me if it doesnt function well. :oops:
redfire28
Xion Supporter

Previous

Return to Released Skin Feedback