Xion Audio Player

Pure Adium (port)

Leave you feedback for skin authors who have published their skins on the Skins page

Postby logokas » December 13th, 2008, 5:19 am

Clean designs are always good. You fooled me with the preview though, i thought there were no controls at all! Good job.

Some changes you could make would be to use the functionality of the pause button to turn it into a proper Play / Pause button, giving you an extra button slot for say 'open file'.

Another thing that confused me is the empty space above the track time. I initially wanted to use that area to drag the player around but found that to be rather impossible. To change this, you could optionally turn the track titles into passthrough elements, along with the track time, thus adding more mobility.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby stahlmantel » December 18th, 2008, 7:49 am

hi there,
and thanks for your feedback!

at first i wanna say its a port from a winamp - Cd-art-display skin....so i tried to make it like the original :)

your idea with the play-pause is really a good one, i thought about it too...(but then its no original port hehe), it was my first skin and im not a coder or something like that...so it was a bit confusing not to find such parameters in the faq, but i like this idea really and want to use this asap :)

im sorry...my english is not the best can you describe me your wish again please?
optionally turn the track titles into passthrough elements, along with the track time, thus adding more mobility.

:)
have a nice day!
cheers
stahlmantel
Xion Supporter

Postby logokas » December 19th, 2008, 1:50 am

Add 'passthrough' into layers you want to turn unclickable. Doing this will allow the layer to be clicked through, which means that i can click on it, and it would be draggable, because i'm actually clicking the layer below.

Try it out!

As far as Xion goes, there is no coding when it comes to skins. They're simply names for layers, which react in different ways. Coding it would make it rather difficult.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby leadfoot » January 31st, 2009, 7:34 am

Great job on the port. Any plans to rebuild based on the 1.08/1.09 with support for album art? I've been using the CD Art Display program for other players, and this would eliminate the need. Thanks!
leadfoot
Xion Supporter

Postby stahlmantel » February 24th, 2009, 3:03 am

leadfoot Wrote:Great job on the port. Any plans to rebuild based on the 1.08/1.09 with support for album art? I've been using the CD Art Display program for other players, and this would eliminate the need. Thanks!

hi again, and big thanks :)

well, i just discoverd the new beta build...perhaps i will try to port pure adium more exactely as before, i dont know atm ;) i have stoped thinking about because no album-art

lets see if i would be kissed by a muse :)
stahlmantel
Xion Supporter

Postby cyberhound » February 24th, 2009, 3:16 pm

stahlmantel Wrote:
leadfoot Wrote:Great job on the port. Any plans to rebuild based on the 1.08/1.09 with support for album art? I've been using the CD Art Display program for other players, and this would eliminate the need. Thanks!

hi again, and big thanks :)

well, i just discoverd the new beta build...perhaps i will try to port pure adium more exactely as before, i dont know atm ;) i have stoped thinking about because no album-art

lets see if i would be kissed by a muse :)

the new betas have album art :P the keyword to use on the layer is 'albumart' :)
cyberhound
Xion Supporter

Postby leadfoot » April 17th, 2009, 10:24 am

Ok, great. I loaded up the skin in Gimp and put a box over the right side and called that layer 'albumart', but it didn't show up.

Curiously enough, I shortened the 'artist' layer and added a 'bitrate' layer to the right, and THAT showed up. :?

I'll take a look at some of the other skins with albumart and see if I can figure it out. Any suggestions?
leadfoot
Xion Supporter

Postby xonenine » April 17th, 2009, 10:31 am

The color or opacity you've chosen may be keeping it from showing. Also if you think your elements are "bumping" each other, consider adding passthrough where possible.:)

Forgive me for even asking, but you are in at least beta 112 or 113 also?
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby logokas » April 17th, 2009, 5:25 pm

You need to have an image in the same folder you play the song from, or there will be no albumart to show.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby leadfoot » April 17th, 2009, 11:05 pm

xonenine Wrote:The color or opacity you've chosen may be keeping it from showing. Also if you think your elements are "bumping" each other, consider adding passthrough where possible.:)

Forgive me for even asking, but you are in at least beta 112 or 113 also?

Beta 113. I thought that the first item was it. It was set to 'transparent'. Any idea on how/what to set it to? I had intentionally set the layer to be just below the floating controls.
You'll have to forgive the basic questions: yesterday was the first time I've ever even started GIMP.

logokas Wrote: You need to have an image in the same folder you play the song from, or there will be no albumart to show.

Yeah, I had figured that out for myself. :roll: I'm assuming it will find 'folder', or is it expecting something else? (Wierd: the quotes aren't showing up right.) (Cliff Edit: Yeah you had 'Disable BBCode in this post' checked ;))
leadfoot
Xion Supporter

Postby xonenine » April 17th, 2009, 11:21 pm

The layer should be set to "visible", and it needs to be a filled box, a transparent box won't show. The opacity is a matter of taste but I'd usually set it at 100% unless I'm looking for a little blend, in which case I might go down to 90%.

Buttons aren't an issue, I put a few on top of my albumart to test it. The color isn't too important.

If it's still a hassle, feel free to post a link to it. :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby leadfoot » April 17th, 2009, 11:59 pm

xonenine Wrote:The layer should be set to "visible", and it needs to be a filled box, a transparent box won't show. The opacity is a matter of taste but I'd usually set it at 100% unless I'm looking for a little blend, in which case I might go down to 90%.

Buttons aren't an issue, I put a few on top of my albumart to test it. The color isn't too important.

If it's still a hassle, feel free to post a link to it. :)

Wow. Thanks! I'll try to take a look first.

But the link would just be to the original skin:
http://xion.r2.com.au/index.php?page=skins&id=513

I'm trying to mod it because I can't find anything better! I hope stahlmantel doesn't mind....

(Cliff Edit: Make sure you uncheck the 'Disable BBCode in this post' for the next time you post)
leadfoot
Xion Supporter

Postby leadfoot » April 18th, 2009, 12:13 am

Wow! Thanks, xonenine! Went into GIMP and set it like you mentioned, and BAM! It worked! :D It might need some tweaking:( the outside corners of the art isn't rounded) but if I shrink the layer size down, it might look more like the original.
leadfoot
Xion Supporter

Postby xonenine » April 18th, 2009, 12:17 am

You're welcome! Feathering the albumart box or masking it w/ other opaque layers works too... :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby Jikaru » April 18th, 2009, 8:22 am

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=dd6f ... 6bf94ba6f2

Here's a simple re-work of what you did layer names-wise. I added a few little things and moved some stuff around so that it fit better...If you want to continue to update off this I wouldn't mind I just did this to fix a few things while I use it...feel free to do whatever.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Next

Return to Released Skin Feedback