Xion Audio Player

X windows media player

Leave you feedback for skin authors who have published their skins on the Skins page

Postby ngithscar » January 24th, 2009, 8:54 am

good work, looks like a total copy of mine. slightly better i guess though(includes a volume bar that i never could be bothered to add).
ngithscar
Xion Supporter

Postby logokas » January 24th, 2009, 9:38 am

Nicely done clone. I dig the way you slipped in the visual viewer there, though i think that the way to reopen it when you turn it off is slightly confusing and it took me a while to figure it out.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Cliff Cawley » January 24th, 2009, 12:53 pm

You can also add _over layers for the progress buttons to make it even more authentic!

Like logokas, I was confused how to open the visuals again. Perhaps when you can add an _over layer for the visuals?

If you want to add a generic button that does nothing, you can use button as the keyword, and add have button_over, button_normal, button_down. Give the button_normal the modify(vis) action_layer_show

If you wanted the button below the visual bars, you can then make the small visual bars pass their input below by using the passthrough keyword on them.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby OfficerMike07 » January 25th, 2009, 2:32 am

Hey Cliff, when I go to mini mode, why is the invisible area that becomes uncovered blocking my clicks from going through to other windows? Methinks if there's no visible pixels in the skin there, I should be able to click background windows.

Also, great skin, though there doesn't seem to be a way to go back to the full size version without closing and restarting Xion or opening the skin browser. There should be a button for this.
OfficerMike07
Xion Fan

Location: A house, Lakeland, Florida, United States, North America, Earth, Milky Way

Postby anas_rahmoun » January 25th, 2009, 6:28 am

Thank you ngithscar i checked up you skin after uploading mine, and i figure that you are the first one of this idea. i found in your skin that u did attention to layer_down for Close and minimize buttons, and i will add this detail in my version. and if u want we work together, so we can invents more functionality to the skin. and new features, why not !

Thank you logokas :D your feedback is too much important for me and Mr. Cliff Cawley of caurse, the time i was choosing to put the visual show button into the small visualization i think that can be confusing for other users; so its just for begining, my idea was to put the base and to work on it by users ideas and observation, so i will try to fix what to fix and add what to add, and remove ... im here with you :)

For today i will work on Cliff's idea, and layer_down for close minimize buttons, and layer_over for Slider (this possibility i didnt knew about it before, thanks).

Finally with you OfficerMike and the high priority problem; it causes is the Snapping rectangle that is invisible i will star by fixing it first !
i will try to add passtrough if not i will try to clean the rectangle and keep just a border of 1px..

I want to add something, i uploaded before my first skin, "X iTunes" i would like too much if you give a look at it, and tell me your feedback, that one it interest me more, because it more simple and friendly for every graphic envirenment i think, it my prefered one, and i have a lot to give to it nearly (inchallah), so thank you all.

Update :
GMT 01:00 25 - 01 - 2009

I have just finished from the work that i promised, so the big lines of this work was :

. The probleme of snappinh rectangle : FIXED

. The visualization toggle button was relooked and optimized, (now it can show AND HIDE the visualization).

. Progress bar, volume bar, music control buttons, secondary options buttons (included playlist botton) and system buttons was relooked by adding over and down stats.

I hope that this modification was enough for this moment, and it was so gentelly if you download the last version, and deliver me your opinions for futur steps.

Anas AOULAD RAHMOUN,
anas_rahmoun
Xion Supporter

Postby logokas » January 27th, 2009, 8:16 am

Well, the updates have certainly done it a favor, that much is certain.

Something nags me about the placement of the track title and time indicators. I don't have any real suggestion as to where they should be, though. Even so, i still find this to be a piece of excellent quality, and should there ever be a badge system in the Xion skins page, i would certainly approve it a 'Quality' badge.
Last edited by logokas on January 27th, 2009, 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Cliff Cawley » January 27th, 2009, 8:00 pm

logokas Wrote:and should there ever be a badge system in the Xion skin badge, i would certainly approve it a 'Quality' badge.

Haha, duly noted. I quite like the idea and am looking at what I can do for the future ;)

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby anas_rahmoun » February 16th, 2009, 10:22 pm

Hello friends,
I have done with working on the Taskbar clone of WMP !
So now it is included into X Windows Media Player. and i upgraded the old pack in XIon's server to this new version (v.1.5).

I hope you try this work, and waiting to hear your stories ; ) about !

Thanks all.
anas_rahmoun
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » February 16th, 2009, 10:44 pm

Love the changes anas_rahmoun, now makes the skin feel very complete, well done!

*Insert Quality badge here*

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby logokas » February 17th, 2009, 7:10 am

Full of win.

But there are two things still bugging me.

There is no Stop button, and at times i found that i really missed that button.

Also, there are no save states. This breaks consistency a bit. When you close the viz, it'll pop back up if you either restart the player or when you switch back from taskbar mode.

Other than that, i think you've done the designers of Windows Media Player proud. And us, too.

EDIT: Oh and, snapping doesn't work anymore, when vis is closed.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Return to Released Skin Feedback