Xion Audio Player

Sublimination

Leave you feedback for skin authors who have published their skins on the Skins page

Postby xonenine » April 12th, 2009, 4:58 am

You deserve your DD. Awesome skin, and very unique! :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby WinstonGFX » April 12th, 2009, 9:11 am

Spoke too soon :D
WinstonGFX
Xion Admirer

Postby logokas » April 12th, 2009, 9:33 am

A DD is always a neat achievement.

As for me though, i have a few things to nag about.

Timer space is tiny. Watch what happens when you give it something that ticks in 100 minutes.

And what happened to the KBPS and KHZ readings? I can't read a damn thing on those.

No minimize button either. And a slight lack of enough control buttons.

Little things, but definetly things that can do with some improvement.

As for the overall, i feel the orb is a bit of a waste, but it's a neat detail on it's own. Perhaps if you added a special VU animation to it, it would make more use of itself. I also like the tiny details you've put in.

Congrats on the DD again. Just don't let it get to your head.
Last edited by logokas on April 13th, 2009, 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Jikaru » April 12th, 2009, 10:23 am

logokas Wrote:A DD is always a neat achievement.

As for me though, i have a few things to nag about.

Timer space is tiny. Watch what happens when you give it something that ticks in 100 minutes.

And what happened to the KBPS and KHZ readings? I can't read a damn thing on those.

No minimize button either. And a slight lack of enough control buttons.

Little things, but definetly things that can do with some improvement.

As for the overall, i feel the orb is a bit of a waste, but it's a neat detail on it's own. Perhaps if you added a special VU animation to it, it would make more use of itself. I also like the tiny details you've put in.

Congrats on the DD again. Just don't let it get to your head.

I agree about everything here, mostly the minimize button and the timer...
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby Lance » April 12th, 2009, 10:23 pm

EDIT: Removed my post as I said I would. Thanks logo :)

Peace, Lance
Last edited by Lance on April 14th, 2009, 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby logokas » April 13th, 2009, 3:08 am

Sure being popular is cool and all, but if it gets to someone's head, it'll just turn the artist into a real jerk who thinks their stuff is always premium work, and gets stuck up.

As for my post, fine, i'll do an edit if you're that upset about it.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby asherzgfx » April 13th, 2009, 10:53 pm

Thanks for the comments guys, I apreciate it and I know that there are things in the skin that can or could be changed and when I get time I'll have a look at adding in a few things you mentioned :)

As for the orb, it's purpose is a little lacking at the moment, but I was thinking about having the brightness change slightly too the beat of the music, I'd have to look into how you do it, it would have a similar effect to Krazyplayer, for winamp :)

As for the comment about the DD getting to my head, I apreciate your concern I understand what you mean, but the comment about Lance isn't fair on Lance I imagine it puts him in a really awkward position... It doesn't really bother me much I know his skins are awsom, I use them and always have done but I don't think what you said was fair on the other hundreds of skinners here, or as I said on Lance who is made too look out to be big headed which is in no way true, he's a really nice guy.

EDIT: Just for the mention, I know the KBPS and KHZ are small, but they are exactly the same size as used in Lance's XDJ skin, and the number information would be more important to me than the letters :) I will look into changing them though, there is room to make them slightly bigger. I'm also looking into changing the slider.
asherzgfx
Xion Supporter

Postby Jikaru » April 14th, 2009, 12:06 am

asher I would say this skin is top work if you fix the lack of elements, the colors and highlights alone make it really nice eye candy and the layout is simply awesome, everything works well together.

As for Lance: Your work is always nice, that's just what is expected of you. I personally would love to know how you do some stuff. And I'm glad you handle comments in a way where everyone can be pleased. For that I give you mad props and much respect.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby logokas » April 14th, 2009, 3:40 am

asherzgfx Wrote:I know the KBPS and KHZ are small, but they are exactly the same size as used in Lance's XDJ skin, and the number information would be more important to me than the letters

I meant the numbers. They are too big and i can't see them in your skin. Just a few pixels. The text is fine.

You might be using some Vista specific font that us XP users most likely don't have.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby asherzgfx » April 25th, 2009, 5:57 am

Hi Logo,

XP all the way :) the only operating system I use, but it may well be that I have used a font I have downloaded and not relised... I don't recall using a downloaded font though :s

I'll have a check.

Thanks.
asherzgfx
Xion Supporter

Return to Released Skin Feedback