Xion Audio Player

hey man!

Leave you feedback for skin authors who have published their skins on the Skins page

Postby graphomet » February 1st, 2010, 6:31 am

r u greek by any chnace?that title u got deus ex machina is a greek band i know,and im greek.
graphomet
Xion Supporter

Postby xonenine » February 1st, 2010, 7:03 am

hehe, no, I'm italian.My Deus ex got its' name from bad playwrights in ancient times using a device to lower an actor onto the stage as if by divine intervention. :)

It was a critique of the playwrights, telling them not to count on a cheap trick at the end, but write better, so they wouldn't need the deus ex. :)

I am happy you like it, parts are a 3d model rotation, with a light map applied.I warped it when I scaled it. :)I have other skins here...but no deviant acct.

thanks, xonenine.
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby djinn2 » February 2nd, 2010, 4:01 pm

I used to have a game on my ZX Spectrum back in the mid-80's called deus ex machina. Weird game, iirc it came with a bonus tape cassette with music by Ian Drury and Jon Pertwee amongst others. You never see bizarre stuff like that anymore :cry:

I think the flying face boss at the end of Matrix Revolutions had the name too. I reckon it's a nice way of admitting that they couldn't think of a decent way to end the story. A god from the machine indeed :wink:
djinn2
Xion Admirer

Postby xonenine » February 3rd, 2010, 8:06 am

I didn't know that 'bout the Matrix, makes alot more sense now though.Good old Ian Drury, I have Reasons to be cheerful, part 3 in my playlist, hehe. :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Return to Released Skin Feedback