Xion Audio Player

Gizmo!

Leave you feedback for skin authors who have published their skins on the Skins page

Postby Harkonenn » December 13th, 2006, 12:00 am

Kev-O,

Well, this has got to me the most unique skin I've ever seen. The animation is just fantastic! I'm almost afraid to get too close or else my fingers might get sliced off! I'm having oodles of fun just dragging it around the desktop and making buzzing noises (my coworkers probably think I'm going off the deep end).

Just a couple of things:

1) I had to crack open the PSDs and change the font names to LCDMono2 from what they were because the fonts weren't showing up
2) The loadinterface wasn't working for me, so I did the following (I probably didn't have to do all of these things, though...):

- Removed loadinterface_over layers (when I first used the skin, it crashed until I removed these layers)
- Changed filename of Gizmo.psd to Gizmo1.psd
- Changed loadinterface(gizmo) in Gizmo2.psd to loadinterface(Gizmo1)
- Changed loadinterface(gizmo2) in Gizmo1.psd to loadinterface(Gizmo2)

As far as the reverse animation goes, do you think that it would be possible to include the anim that opens up the weed whacker thing in Gizmo2 and set one of the frames to loadinterface? Or, perhaps Gizmo1 could always start with the opening animation?

Well, if I have any free time, I'll work on it..

Excellent job, my friend!
Harkonenn
Xion Supporter

Postby djinn2 » December 13th, 2006, 1:10 am

Another amazing skin :D

As Harkonenn said the load interface button causes it to crash (msvcr71.dll) but who cares? I havn't tried his fix yet so maybe I'll get my hands dirty and give it a go.
djinn2
Xion Admirer

Postby Harkonenn » December 13th, 2006, 1:16 am

Oddly enough, SLoB pointed out that the loadinterface in my last skin, MixModule, wasn't working either! I think I just misunderstood how to implement it (should have asked first). When the PSDs are separate within the Interfaces directory, using something like "loadinterface(MyInterface.psd)" works fine. But within an XSF, it should be "loadinterface(MyInterface)" without the file extension.
Harkonenn
Xion Supporter

Postby KEV-O » December 13th, 2006, 1:56 am

Thanks guys! Sorry 'bout the font mix-up! I may have included the wrong one... oops!

Harkonenn- So for that animation, would it be possible to have a button that would cause the wing animation to stop, and then also start the animation for the closing bottom piece, and then the last frame would be called load_interface(whatever)? Would that work?

And as far as the loadinterface, Gizmo is in a zipped folder, and I did not include the file extension (.psd), so I thought I did that right, but i know its got issues with loadinterface_over. My suggestion is to unzip the folder and just put both files in your interfaces folder! Works like a charm!
KEV-O
Xion Admirer

Postby Harkonenn » December 13th, 2006, 2:43 am

Seems to me that SLoB would be a better judge of exactly how to do the animation switching thing, but I have an idea.

1) Have a button that starts an invisible control animation
2) This next animation only contains layers with control keywords to do the following:
- first layer: stop the wing animation [modify(xyz) acanstop]
- second layer: hide the wing animation [modify(xyz) aclahide]
- third layer: start the closing animation [modify(abc) acanplay]
3) In the closing animation, the last frame would be as you said - loadinterface(xx)

Now, I'm sure that there's a more efficient way of doing this, but my suggestion is that what you really need is a script, and using a button to start a control animation is basically like doing that - each layer is like a line of code.

SLoB?
Harkonenn
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » December 13th, 2006, 2:49 am

yep something like that would work Harkonenn

i can give it a go later on tonite when im home if you guys havnt fixed it by then hehe
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby KEV-O » December 13th, 2006, 4:17 am

Man, this stuff tends to make my head hurt. :) I'm thinking we should all make some amazing skin together sometime. I have some pretty origional ideas, harkonenn makes it all pretty and professional, and slob works out all the coding! haha
KEV-O
Xion Admirer

Postby Cliff Cawley » December 13th, 2006, 7:30 am

Harkonenn Wrote:Oddly enough, SLoB pointed out that the loadinterface in my last skin, MixModule, wasn't working either! I think I just misunderstood how to implement it (should have asked first). When the PSDs are separate within the Interfaces directory, using something like "loadinterface(MyInterface.psd)" works fine. But within an XSF, it should be "loadinterface(MyInterface)" without the file extension.

When I loaded your skin for testing, I noticed this bug as well, and have fixed it for build 65. It will now ignore the .psd in the loadinterface() if it exists :)

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby Cliff Cawley » December 13th, 2006, 7:31 am

djinn2 Wrote:As Harkonenn said the load interface button causes it to crash (msvcr71.dll) but who cares? I havn't tried his fix yet so maybe I'll get my hands dirty and give it a go.

I've fixed this problem and it will no longer crash in build 65.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby Harkonenn » December 13th, 2006, 9:50 am

KEV-O Wrote:Man, this stuff tends to make my head hurt. :) I'm thinking we should all make some amazing skin together sometime. I have some pretty origional ideas, harkonenn makes it all pretty and professional, and slob works out all the coding! haha

Kev-O, I'm all for that! And BTW, thanks for the compliment :wink:
Harkonenn
Xion Supporter

Return to Released Skin Feedback