Xion Audio Player

SKJ 07

Leave you feedback for skin authors who have published their skins on the Skins page

Postby ALAS » June 14th, 2007, 6:21 am

interesting, not quite my taste, a little hectic, but ... nevertheless different. appreciate things that don´t look like "seen a thousand times before"...
ALAS
Xion Fan

Postby lanang jagad » June 18th, 2007, 11:07 am

Yes I know, a bit hectic. I have a problem in controlling the animation to make it move slower. Do you have any suggestions?
lanang jagad
Xion Supporter

Postby KEV-O » June 18th, 2007, 3:11 pm

I actually haven't tried your skin yet, so I'm not sure if this is feasable, but I usually make my animation first, and then go back in and add transition frames between them. For example, if it were a series of bars, I might add a frame in between the first and second bar that showed the second bar at 50% opacity. Then it will look decently smooth.

also... the keywords delay(x) is how you set the overall speed.
KEV-O
Xion Admirer

Postby ALAS » June 18th, 2007, 7:43 pm

had a look at your psd. there are two problems that make your animation hectic.

the first is that animations on speaker volume are anyway jumping. The reason is that the volume values are jumping themselves.
the second (more crucial) thing is that your animation consists of four different sub-animations (4 different directions of moving) which have very hard breaks in between. This forces the animation (even with a smooth volume profile) to jump.

I would suggest just to keep one of the movements (for example back to front) and design it in a smooth way (15 frames or so). Then even if the values are jumping the eye substitutes the missing pictures which results in a more or less continuous impression of a "dancing" heart (which I guess you wanted to let it look like). If the eye looks at an object that is now on the left side and next moment on the right, back or somewhere else it just gets the impression of a pathologic dance (which I think you didn´t want to show) :wink:

Another idea is to let the heart dance in itself without changing its position so much. For exapmle bend it or rock and roll it....
ALAS
Xion Fan

Postby lanang jagad » June 19th, 2007, 11:38 pm

well actually the skin was inspired by dance dance revolution (ps2 game). That was why I wanted the heart moved in four different directions and danced on speaker
volume.

anyway thanks guys :D
lanang jagad
Xion Supporter

Return to Released Skin Feedback