Xion Audio Player

Anas_rahmoun's skins : Feedback wanted & Upcoming skins

Post your latest skin designs and receive feedback before you release

Postby anas_rahmoun » February 10th, 2009, 9:32 pm

Hello again !

Before talking about upcoming skins and updates, i want to ask you one more time to leave some feedbacks about the twin first skins, X windows media player and X iTunes. the second one was updated for a while to a limited edition on candy style inspired from succes story of Madonna pop's queen. this version was limited in Xion official website exclusive (will not be uploaded into DeviantArt servers or other websites), and will be updated nearly by a iTunes classic, so harry up !

Now i am working on two skins, one is X windows media player v1.2 that version will come with a new reduced mode, cloned from the taskbar skin of WMP11 of Windows XP also with integrated visualization and full animated controls.

Second skin is an entirely new idea didicated to RADIO use, contain few controls generaly that we use when we listen radio on streaming, so it will come with a big volume control and mute button, and with signal indicator show net buffer's current state.

X windows media player 1.2 : reduced mode.
Last edited by anas_rahmoun on March 1st, 2009, 5:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
anas_rahmoun
Xion Supporter

Postby xonenine » February 28th, 2009, 6:52 am

ok since no one answered...Your technique is awesome, great job.On a more personal note, I'm more interested in an original design from you, than a clone or copy, but that's just me, clones are very popular. :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby anas_rahmoun » February 28th, 2009, 10:00 pm

xonenine Wrote:ok since no one answered...Your technique is awesome, great job.On a more personal note, I'm more interested in an original design from you, than a clone or copy, but that's just me, clones are very popular. :)

Thanks for reply :)
The radio skin will be my first original skin released to public domain, i still working on it, i will upload it in beta edition first, so you can test it and give me your opinions ... together is better ;)
anas_rahmoun
Xion Supporter

Postby logokas » March 1st, 2009, 5:02 am

You know, you don't have to put your entire name into your topic title. We know you created the topic.

As xonenine said, clones are nice, but originals are better. I will be waiting for your first original skins.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby SLoB » March 1st, 2009, 5:46 am

he is doing it for the seo ;)
which I think is pretty much relaxed on the Xion forum
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby anas_rahmoun » March 2nd, 2009, 7:29 pm

Hello,
Everyone are invited to pick a look at my first original skin (not the Radio one), waiting your replies.

XiOriginal v.0.9
anas_rahmoun
Xion Supporter

Postby logokas » March 3rd, 2009, 3:19 am

Comment posted in feedback forum.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby anas_rahmoun » March 3rd, 2009, 5:21 am

logokas Wrote:You know, you don't have to put your entire name into your topic title. We know you created the topic.

As xonenine said, clones are nice, but originals are better. I will be waiting for your first original skins.

Your feedbacks are interresting. this skin was a kind of answer to this post. Realy i wasn't looking to upload any original skin before.
anas_rahmoun
Xion Supporter

Postby anas_rahmoun » March 26th, 2009, 11:20 pm

Current show :
The XiOriginal skin was updated the 23th this month to v.1.0, came after v.0.9 this edition was a little bit different from the old one, the music now is controlled through graphical buttons, the time that the first release was by active text controls. and the skin can switch between visualization mode and track information mode. also some improvements to track name and the other related information.
try it your self here :
XiOriginal v.1.0

Upcoming shows :
I am working now on two new skins, the Radio dedicated one, and the very new one is the second edition of XiTunes, see the pictures bellow :

Did you like the Candy XiTunes, Surly the upcoming XiTunes will please your eyes and ears ;).
anas_rahmoun
Xion Supporter

Postby logokas » March 27th, 2009, 6:08 am

Okay, lets see.

Two things i am not happy with about XiO final.

First, it's hard to figure out which parts can actually be used to move the player around, and that's rather annoying when i want to move it out of the way quickly. The previous version i had didn't have this issue. I suggest you revise the areas of your layers and consider adjusting them for better mobility.

Second thing is less of a problem and more of a cosmetic thing. Apparently, your track info layers are below visualization, and when the vis is color heavy, or black, it makes text a bit hard t o read. Do fix that aswell.

Other than that, i am extremely pleased with this. A fine quality skin to enjoy, just needs a bit of ironing.

Do want bar mode!

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby xonenine » March 27th, 2009, 7:26 am

I like it, especially the switching track info.Very nice! BTW, the twisted shadow in the preview was a nice touch too.:)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby anas_rahmoun » March 28th, 2009, 6:57 am

OK,

Before, logokas, i'am using Build100 in my computers, i think you are using a defirent one, because the problems you report i can't does not happen in my test player.

It will be helpful if you add some printscreens of the bug in your answers, you are the only one who can help me in this, if you tell me wich build you are using it a plus.

So, when you swtich the visualization mode all the track information must desappear. One more thing the areas that deosn't move the skin is text and time areas, the text area if you click on, it change the animated informations by the user defined text infomations.

It too important for me to fix the bugs and compatibilities issue, but i need to see it before that helps me to know how to fix it.

thank you xonenine. thank you logoklas.
anas_rahmoun
Xion Supporter

Return to Pre-Release Skin Designs