Xion Audio Player

Nav Bar SKiN (Word bar)

Post your latest skin designs and receive feedback before you release

Postby TheSaladMan » March 6th, 2009, 11:55 pm

Okay, so this is my first WORKING skin that I can actually use :D , I've always wanted to do this, but other programs put me off with the amount of coding :? ....

Here are 2 screenshot, still a WIP:

I wanted to keep it as simple as possible, but glossy at the same time :)
I'm trying to figure out how to add slide out menus, so I can get the close button, and similar things in one small menu, any idea where I can get a good guide on this?

Also, why won't the track name center align?
I type 'track_fa(center)' but nothing happens, same thing with the font size;
I typed 'track_fs(10)' and nothing happened, am I missing something?

That's all for now,
Cheers,
TheSaladMan :D
TheSaladMan
Xion Supporter

Postby Lance » March 7th, 2009, 12:35 am

Heyo Salad :)

Welcome to the Xion forums first of all! It's always great to know new people are discovering that they can finally inject their static designs with some life. It's even better when the design is as good as yours! There are lots of users that crave bar modes that they can just overlay on a windows title bar or something (right logokas? :P). This is indeed a simple design but the subtle gradients and colours give it an awesome vibe :)

My only suggestion here is to lessen the size of the fading on the track title text. Sometimes, the text is not long enough to start scrolling, but takes up the entire width of the text block which means you won't be able to read what it is all that well, particularly a problem when you're streaming. Also, the large fading looks a little strange next to the other text elelemnts on the buttons and such, which are nice and bold. Perhaps the time text could be a little bolder/lighter too.

OK so on to your questions. For sliding drawers and menus, unzip the default Xion skin and take a look at how that is put together. It has a slide out panel with all the playback controls on it.

And for the second problem, you don't need an underscore in your layer name. You should have this on your layer: "track fa(center) fs(10) whatever(x)". Just type "track" once and just put a space between the other keywords.

And that's that! See you around dude :)

EDIT: Oh and when in doubt, just unzip somebody elses skin :D

Peace, Lance
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby logokas » March 7th, 2009, 12:39 am

I usually don't like salad.

But today i'll make an exception.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Lance » March 7th, 2009, 12:40 am

logokas Wrote:I usually don't like salad.

The Oracle has spoken.
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby TheSaladMan » March 7th, 2009, 2:18 am

Lance Wrote:Heyo Salad :)

OK so on to your questions. For sliding drawers and menus, unzip the default Xion skin and take a look at how that is put together. It has a slide out panel with all the playback controls on it.

And for the second problem, you don't need an underscore in your layer name. You should have this on your layer: "track fa(center) fs(10) whatever(x)". Just type "track" once and just put a space between the other keywords.

And that's that! See you around dude :)

EDIT: Oh and when in doubt, just unzip somebody elses skin :D

Peace, Lance

Thanx man, I fixed the track problem, and got it centered, YAY!
And concerning the sliding things, yes, I am in the precess of deciphering the default Xion skin in PS, man it's a doozy :?
Will try as hard as I can to make this work, also may release another simple skin during the wait.

Cheers,
TheSaladMan :D
TheSaladMan
Xion Supporter

Postby TheSaladMan » March 7th, 2009, 2:18 am

Lance Wrote:
logokas Wrote:I usually don't like salad.

The Oracle has spoken.

Amen.
TheSaladMan
Xion Supporter

Return to Pre-Release Skin Designs