Xion Audio Player

Glossed

Post your latest skin designs and receive feedback before you release

Postby PrimalAce » October 16th, 2006, 7:25 am

My second skin, simple and nice. Doesn't offer much in the way of interaction, but it works and has some nice roll over and pressed effects. Might do a few coloured versions, what do you reacon.

PrimalAce
Xion Supporter

Postby skryingbreath » October 16th, 2006, 8:19 am

I suggest the Photoshop bevel be taken off.
skryingbreath
Xion Admirer

Postby PrimalAce » October 17th, 2006, 8:30 am

That would completely destroy the effect I'm going for. It's meant to look 3d so that when you press the buttons, they bevel into the screen.
PrimalAce
Xion Supporter

Postby crustlessmist » October 17th, 2006, 1:01 pm

If thats the effect your going for its fine but alot of people (including myself) find photoshop bevels very blah.. keep up the good work anyways :).
crustlessmist
Xion Supporter

Postby PrimalAce » October 17th, 2006, 11:08 pm

I agree that photoshop bevels have been overused in all manner of digital images and such, and that they are often used by inexperienced users who think it makes their creation look better just because. But I haven't used it on a whim, the skin itself uses the effect (which isn't as simple as a single bevel) to make them seem like they're stuck onto the screen, rather than displayed by it.

I guess I was aiming this skin at people who don't wont fancy interfaces and would rather have the simple and somewhat cute interface that this skin offers. To that effect I might make a pink version :P as I think this would go down well on a girly desktop.
PrimalAce
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » October 18th, 2006, 2:46 am

just add colour overlays and toggle thru them rather than making diff versions

once Cliff gets some save settings in for custom buttons then that opens up a lot more scope for user settings staying put
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Return to Pre-Release Skin Designs