Xion Audio Player

Xionidus (needs new name)

Post your latest skin designs and receive feedback before you release

Postby Jikaru » April 1st, 2009, 8:34 am

I took this request from armani (I think was the name) and all it was was a png then, but is now a full fledged skin. That's what it looks like so far, I may add more features after dinner and possibly change things according to comments and criticism. I know I know...I'm amazing, jk jk. twas nothing really. :D
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby WinstonGFX » April 1st, 2009, 10:58 am

I know exactly where that was influenced from (The Skins Factory nVidia skin) http://theskinsfactory.com/skinsfactory ... portPage=2
WinstonGFX
Xion Admirer

Postby Jikaru » April 1st, 2009, 12:18 pm

ah, good catch Winston. It does seem he has sent me an image based off of that skin.

Either way, I refuse to name it off of nVidia, I put too much work into making it something different. Literally, I had to re-paint everything because the image quality was absolute trash. So how does it look?
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby armani » April 1st, 2009, 11:05 pm

Man you took a crappy looking image and made it YOUR own, yes the idea came from X-Fire but you took it all to a different level. Thank you so much!!! :D :D :D :D
Excellent work !!!
armani I think my name is lol
armani
Xion Supporter

Postby xonenine » April 2nd, 2009, 10:27 pm

yes, I can see the difference from the copyrighted skin, all the nice buttons have been erased.Are you seriously saying it's not a copyrighted work anymore cause armanis original screenshot sucked? :roll:
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby logokas » April 2nd, 2009, 10:35 pm

Throw in a side by side picture comparison and we'll decide if it's a clone or not.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Jikaru » April 3rd, 2009, 3:39 am

I actually redid all of it, I repainted everything, none of the highlights are the same and there's close to no distinction between the two, so no it is not copyrighted and besides it's a free skin, I make no profit from it, so it breaks zero laws. Get off peoples back about copyrighted clones or what-not because it doesn't apply to free material. It falls under fan-based work.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby SLoB » April 4th, 2009, 9:03 am

I've not even looked at the comparison yet but I will give you this piece of advice.

It is somewhat rumoured that approx 7 changes is enough to class it non copyright - I've yet to believe this, I reckon this kind of claim is *cough* bs * cough*

But do follow this piece of advice and do NOT copy TSF skins! They get really funny about it. Infact, you're better of not even looking at their stuff so they can't claim you stole their idea. :lol:
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Jikaru » April 4th, 2009, 10:10 am

I never seen the TSF skin for a messenger before making this, the image sent to me was a shabby image quality of what looked like a MSpaint conglomeration of sorts. I simply smudged the parts given to me by request of a user, and then proceded to repaint the skin so that it was smoother and more polished. BTW I studied a little bit into the copyright laws pertaining to things like these. I make no profit there for it falls under a fan-based work even though there is near no distinction between the two, the closest thing between the two is the reflections on the black parts and even those are changed enough to not resemble the original, it's just simply recognizable. This conversation is over about copyright, I do not have to explain it further, please comment on the skin if anything.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Return to Pre-Release Skin Designs