Xion Audio Player

db1410

Post your latest skin designs and receive feedback before you release

Postby xonenine » April 22nd, 2009, 9:27 am

This is the beginning of a skin I've always wanted to make.

I created an inverted font for it so it can scroll a nice reflection. It's also going to incorporate djinn2's idea to have the panel open either top or bottom. ( Thats a nice option djinn2, thanks!) I'll try to keep it clean w/ most of the buttons on the panel or hidden.:)

The name is probably db1410.

Edit: I might invert and/or reverse a few fonts at once this weekend, if anyone has a good idea for a nice font that flips well, please mention it, then I'll try to post at least two reverse fonts in resources. I think I'll make the panel resemble an SD Memory chip, hehe. :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » April 22nd, 2009, 2:43 pm

i switched skins a few times, and I'm sure of it, it sounds better w/ the track reflection.
:wink:
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby Jikaru » April 22nd, 2009, 10:16 pm

terrible image quality but flipping track would definitely be easier.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby xonenine » April 23rd, 2009, 4:45 am

yeah, I want to pick a few really crisp fonts to flip, they will always come in handy, there are none to speak of available for download. :)

I've got to look at these carbon end caps and the sd card a few minutes:

and an albumart option idea:

xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » April 23rd, 2009, 2:40 pm

There are a few things I'm going to play with, I'd be happy to hear any comments. The skin will have the SD card by itself as a mini-mode also.
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby Jikaru » April 23rd, 2009, 10:33 pm

Could definitely use some better depth, like a more 3d object mostly around the ends. and the reflection should fade a little bit, and the highlights on the button seem missplaced...the sd card looks good so far...but yea some polishing is needed. good start.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby xonenine » April 24th, 2009, 6:03 am

You know, those are very good points, jikaru, I agree w/ you.I'm in my alignment phase still, but when I nail the positioning down, I'll add my last layer masks and shadows, and fade the reflection w/ a gradient.I'll also see what I can do on the ends, thanks for looking, and your opinion!... :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » April 25th, 2009, 3:02 pm

Heres the body painted and the reflections w/ the gradient layer mask. I'm alot happier now, 'tho I killed the finish on the SD card, hehe, I'll redo that part tomorrow. There's still more to do of course... :)

Edit: I'm starting to like the font so I'm going to do all the extended characters...

xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby Jikaru » April 26th, 2009, 12:32 pm

Still looks a bit flat...like a plateau, not rounded. And dude you have to spare my eye strains and save in a format like png or jpg on the MAXIMUM like 12 in photoshop.

I have really good eye site and this is painful to look at...And I think your problems can be solved with a white to transparent gradient downward and on overlay or soft light blending mode and just merge them (make a copy of both layers of course just in-case things go awry...)
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby xonenine » April 26th, 2009, 12:47 pm

I don't see it this time, that's just stuff I haven't bothered messing w/ yet, or got around to painting. :)

In response to the quality of the screenshot, this is a png:

xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » April 28th, 2009, 11:00 am

and the alternate color scheme... :)

I haven't added my shadow treatment of the body yet, among other things.
The SD card/panel houses albumart, vis, VU Meters and is now the alternate mini interface.

xonenine
Xion Freak

Return to Pre-Release Skin Designs