Xion Audio Player

Trigger Disk

Post your latest skin designs and receive feedback before you release

Postby Harkonenn » October 17th, 2006, 5:21 am

I'd really like to release this, but there are some issues that I can't seem to resolve:

1) The "ind_" layers in the OPEN state work fine, until you make the skin return to the CLOSED state - they stay on. I would expect this behavior, and I have in fact tried to change the visibility of those layers through keywords in the animation that opens and closes the case. Trouble is, if I set them to HIDE, then they no longer function as expected; and then setting them to SHOW makes them appear in an always-on state.

2) I have another version of the skin with VU meters in the CLOSED state only. I tried using the skinning trick to stop animated layers (see GBX skin): while that trick does a good job, it's unpredictable exactly where a VU meter animation will will stop. In my case, I want it to be hidden completely.

3) The dark background in the OPEN state behaves like a moveable layer, even though it's labeled as passthrough.

Any help on these little glitches is greatly appreciated!

Skin: http://www.harkonenn.com/_xion/harkonenn_trigger_beta.psd
Harkonenn
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » October 17th, 2006, 5:37 am

for 2. you could add the switch for the anim_layer_hide once its stopped
if it doesnt work on the same layer line then add another layer below with the modify(x) anim_layer_hide, untested but i dont see any reason why that shouldnt work
if that completely hides it even when running then just add the show on the other layer when it starts
i chose to keep the vu visible, altho i was also planning on adding multiple vus for the final version which would hide each one, not sure if xion supports multiple vus which can be toggled as theyr the same animation type and may kick in regardless

will checkout your psd for 1 & 3
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby SLoB » October 17th, 2006, 6:17 am

hmm you got some issues ther already
preview layer doesnt support alpha blending yet, same bug as Scarebear had, when trying to load the skin Xion crashes, merging a white layer underneath solves that problem
this is in the l8est beta btw
also had Xion crash after a few button pushes on the cd

dont think passthrough works on layer sets

you cant have layersets within the psd which have multiple states etc...
delete the layersets (just layerset not content) and your skin works inc timer

indi rpt also needs info id as its visible when rpt is on

nice idea & animation btw :)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Harkonenn » October 17th, 2006, 10:54 pm

SLoB,

Thanks for taking the time to look at this one. And thanks for the kind comment.

I'll make the changes you suggested and hopefully release v.1 soon.
Harkonenn
Xion Supporter

Return to Pre-Release Skin Designs