Xion Audio Player

pyrotechnics

Post your latest skin designs and receive feedback before you release

Postby xonenine » December 17th, 2009, 2:23 pm

The next skin idea should be very fun and challenging.The largest, most vivid sets of rock concert pyrotechnic tubes I can drum up...

I envision covering the bottom third of the screen with different incendiary devices, very large multi-layered flames, tons of explosions, and plenty of billowing smoke.

Being that no one will actually get burned, I suppose the fire just may get out of hand, especially if the skin user accidently turns on too many effects or turns them too high...and the tubes could even be transparent, being that plastic won't get burned...in Xion, hehe.

Yes, I'm sure this will be fun. :lol:
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » December 18th, 2009, 12:23 pm

I've been researching, never paid much attention to the equipment used for pyro shows.

They are flash pots and flame projectors mostly, and are extremely simple devices unless you need to control alot of effects.That is better than OK w/ me, hehe.

I would much rather focus on the effects.Here's a link to a pyro shows and supplies for beginners site that was interesting... :)

http://www.z11pyro.com/

Also, I am streamlining this so that even filled w/ nothing but animations, it will be small as possible and use the least resources needed.
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby djinn2 » December 18th, 2009, 2:27 pm

Ahhh that's a relief Xonenine :D We only want pyrotechnics from the viz and not from our cpus [-o<
djinn2
Xion Admirer

Postby xonenine » December 18th, 2009, 2:49 pm

Hehe, I was already thinking of making it look like the monitor edges were melting...

Have any ideas about making a white roiling/drifting fog across the floor?

I think the flames and smoke will be easy, but to make a heavy looking fog drift and billow slowly, I don't know...besides use Cliffs' way..., hehe.
Code: Select All Code
(particleeffects) fog
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby OfficerMike07 » January 10th, 2010, 4:18 pm

Build and animate some fog in a 3d program, then use 3dmodel(fog.obj)

Jeez, do I really have to hold your hand and walk you through this amateur stuff?
OfficerMike07
Xion Fan

Location: A house, Lakeland, Florida, United States, North America, Earth, Milky Way

Return to Pre-Release Skin Designs