Xion Audio Player

dancing robot slaves from Mars...

Post your latest skin designs and receive feedback before you release

Postby xonenine » February 14th, 2010, 2:23 pm

A rework of the mUOn concept with much better dancing, color inversion option, I'll add a few more things... :D

xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby djinn2 » February 14th, 2010, 3:35 pm

Looks like a fun skin :D

Having a hard time trying to imagine dancing to Corona Radiata but they are skeletons. They have no soul :wink:
djinn2
Xion Admirer

Postby xonenine » February 14th, 2010, 11:42 pm

well, you just have ESP or something, Djinn, because that's what I've been thinking of making next, a really depressing skin, a sort of black bubbling pit for lost souls... :)

I like the inverted also...the robot/slave/skeletons are wearing smoothmetal_07, hehe, the same long suffering lightmap that is still clutched in my obsessive sweaty grasp...
Last edited by xonenine on February 18th, 2010, 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » February 15th, 2010, 11:34 am

I will just go ahead and make the 99 frame animation, 40 per dancer isn't enough.It is publishable, but I'm wanting the best result possible.

The up side (apart from a no fadebetween animation) of that many frames is that I can rotate the animation frames (like 30 at a time) to build new animations that will still synch nicely with the other dancers. :)

Edit:Hey, wow, I get to be a Xion Freak!Well, I love Xion...hehe. :oops:

Here is a peek at the new dance skin, dsrM00101 as is, the animation is still very fun... :)

http://downwcarbon.site11.com/00101b.zip
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » February 15th, 2010, 1:23 pm

Hell, why not make the next skin Hell, with fire and tortured masses of souls all reaching from the fiery pools, stepping over each other, on top of each other, to be out of the burning pitch...would make nice VU Meters, hehe. :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby djinn2 » February 15th, 2010, 7:55 pm

Love them dancing bones 8)

You're right about 40 frames not being enough. Any chance of a version with a transparent background? I think the first dancing vis I ever used was the Mr Goochie! one for Winamp.

Testing the skin without the fadebetween on the animations was quite entertaining. For some reason it reminded me of the Monkey Drummer video by Aphex Twin. Man, him and Chris Cunningham came up with some weird videos :crazy:
djinn2
Xion Admirer

Postby xonenine » February 16th, 2010, 3:45 am

I'll add transparent, and another version with a drummer, guitarist and such... :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » February 17th, 2010, 12:35 pm

The case, which I will rebuild smaller tomorrow, when I make the glass cover...I might give them some footlighting and shadowcast...the no background option is in also. :)

Edit: smaller now, w a particle emitter vis showing, just a test, I will build a few...

Last edited by xonenine on February 21st, 2010, 7:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » February 19th, 2010, 12:36 pm

A peek at the 2 emitter visualizations I made for this skin so far... :) The programs are fun, and I could put thousands of particles, and explosions w them, but it bogs Xion down very quickly. At least I get to preview what I want to code for real visualizations.

At 90 dollars, this year I get to buy a particle emitter, particleIllusion SE.It allows free unlimited creation for 30 days. :D

and don't forget private dancer mode, for those special times you want to be alone with your robot/skeleton/slave dancer... :) I'll make his pod slimmer.

xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » March 1st, 2010, 12:25 am

Needed a break from the particle animations, staring at hundreds of them for hours could ruin the skin for me.

I'd never want anything to happen to my audio player, so I'm making a new skin, xion:extreme condition.It is heavily fortified w/ layers of reinforced concrete and corrugated blast deflection armour.

Air scrubbers and environment controls are linked to a backup power supply.Security camera system w multiple video modes, radar w threat proximity alerts.

Threat response options yet to be determined..., but an automated turret would help me sleep better, personally. :)
It is sketched, now if I coul just decide whether to build it in Lightwave, Unreal, or photoshop... :roll:
xonenine
Xion Freak

Return to Pre-Release Skin Designs