Xion Audio Player

Help!

Post your latest skin designs and receive feedback before you release

Postby KEV-O » November 24th, 2006, 2:03 am

I started working on a skin that I'll probably call... like.... atom... atomic... electron... cheeseburger... I dont know. Heres what I have so far

The animation is a LOT smoother in xion than in this .gif version. But I dont know where to put the buttons. I was thinking either inbetween the lines of the atom, or maybe have a rectangular panel show up when active that would have the buttons, etc. What do you think?
KEV-O
Xion Admirer

Postby Harkonenn » November 24th, 2006, 3:11 am

KEV-O - great concept; it appeals to the classic sci fi lover in me!

Well, here's an idea for what you could do:

I would of course make the buttons very dim (high transparency) until you mouse over them. So, in the image they're shown in their _over state.

The other two lower regions within the orbits could be used for EQ and playlist... or whatever.

Hope this helps :wink:
Harkonenn
Xion Supporter

Postby KEV-O » November 24th, 2006, 3:25 am

Ok, sounds good! I might have the buttons completley invisible while inactive, and have them show up when active. Anything else that should go into this skin? I was trying to think of a vu animation that would be neat, but I dont know where to fit it in.
KEV-O
Xion Admirer

Postby Harkonenn » November 24th, 2006, 3:45 am

Hmmm, what if the VU animation were an outer glow on the whole atom that was set to transvolume?
Harkonenn
Xion Supporter

Postby KEV-O » November 25th, 2006, 1:44 am

Welp, I've sent it to cliff. I added volume & progress bars, and the buttons. No VU. I couldn't find a way that looked right. It ought to be up soon!
KEV-O
Xion Admirer

Return to Pre-Release Skin Designs