Xion Audio Player

MixModule Final Release

Post your latest skin designs and receive feedback before you release

Postby Harkonenn » December 12th, 2006, 11:23 am

REVISION 12.12.06

Here it is. Two colors plus full and compact modes. Enjoy! (Also submitted to Cliff...)

Download: http://www.harkonenn.com/_xion/MixModule.xsf
Last edited by Harkonenn on December 13th, 2006, 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harkonenn
Xion Supporter

Postby KEV-O » December 12th, 2006, 3:09 pm

Looks great! What are the two buttons you added towards the top?
KEV-O
Xion Admirer

Postby Harkonenn » December 12th, 2006, 11:20 pm

The top left button is the color changer (green/blue) and the top right is the full/compact mode changer.
Harkonenn
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » December 12th, 2006, 11:59 pm

both top buttons defaulted to default skin in beta 64 for me

looks good tho, you can afford more colour themes imo ;)
and is ther any buttons to turn off the glow/vis?
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Harkonenn » December 13th, 2006, 12:06 am

Interesting.... I tested the loadinterface before I zipped up the XSF. Doesn't seem to work once it's in that form.

And, I didn't include any control for toggling the transvolume layers. I guess I'll have to do that...
Harkonenn
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » December 13th, 2006, 12:12 am

perhaps thers a bug with the loadinterface or its not set right? not looked at psd

yea button to turn off vis is essential if a skin has a vis

and u could easily put in loads of color themes, you could either create a ps action or a js script to load from ps which will take an existing layer and change the hue a set amount and create a new layer, that saves on the hassle of doing them manually ;)

thats a handy tip for everyone who wants colour themes for their skins, get it automated ;)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Harkonenn » December 13th, 2006, 12:16 am

REVISION 12.12.06

OK, I revised the PSDs and re-upped the skin. Could you please test the loadinterface buttons on your end and let me know if they work for you now? If all is good, I'll have to resubmit... :roll:

Download: http://www.harkonenn.com/_xion/MixModule.xsf
Harkonenn
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » December 13th, 2006, 12:23 am

yea works now :)
before you submit it tho add the toggle button for vis ;)

if you keep colour themes in the same psd then ther would be no need to load an interface for the same skin, fair enough for different shade/modes etc but i suppose you've done it due to the way it works now works with the full release?

perhaps do a revised version with just 1 psd when the next full release comes about, saves having to work on multiple psds if you make changes
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Harkonenn » December 13th, 2006, 12:52 am

Thanks for checking that, SLoB.

I'm taking a peek at Abducted now to see exactly how you're doing the color change stuff.

Couple of questions:

1) I made two different sets of PSDs because I wanted to make sure that I got good saturation and brightness in the colors. In Abducted, you're just revealing layers with some degree of alpha, but the blending mode must always be "normal." Do you have any suggestions for retaining that high level of saturation that I want? Should I start with white buttons and then add color on top of them?

2) What exactly did you mean by loading a JS script from Photoshop? I've never scripted PS before (other than making actions).

3) Abducted has a seemingly endless combination of colors and textures. In your opinion, what would be a reasonable amount of color changes to offer? 5? 10? More?
Harkonenn
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » December 13th, 2006, 1:21 am

nps :)

yes blending modes are a bit sucky and is a bit of a hackaround, varying degrees of transparency depending on look your going for is about the best we can do
best bet instead of white is 128,128,128 layer then add your coloured filter layers on top

saturation could be done with a pattern, for example checkout the very last pattern style for body which by default is a dark brown color dodge layer, if you combine that with the warmer colours esp red, purple for example then it really has a nice rich saturation

you can create javascript scripts to run within ps, checkout the bitmap font script i did a while back on the sc forum in byteworks i think for an example or even quicker is to create an action as its fairly basic to clone the layer and change the hue

heh y almost ;)
well i would like rgb layers implemented personally seeing as there is no coding behind the XUIs' in Xion
therefore we could plant on top r,g,b layers with an already set transparent look(variable depending on the saturation needed) which would then have 3 sliders in the main xion interface for the skin options, all r layers would then be set according to slider value, same for g, b layers, that would be ace!!

depending on how you setup your rgb layers would also mean that on specific sections you could also create the colour relationship of items for say a triadic color scheme (3 fixed colours round the spectrum wheel)
and the sliders would keep the relationship as the layers would already be preset
so that leaves a lot of potential color changes ;)

for a basic skin then at least the spectrum and whites/blacks/silvers/golds etc...
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Return to Pre-Release Skin Designs