Xion Audio Player

Port Walpha to Xion?

Post your latest skin designs and receive feedback before you release

Postby SLoB » June 19th, 2007, 4:08 am

slightly OT, but I'm thinking of porting my Walpha skin over to Xion, would be just the main, horizontal stick & mini modes to begin with and possibly the vertical mode maybe with a hackaround on the vertical text with many text layers

obviously a lot of the existing skin functionality wouldnt be there due to engine differences but I think it would be cool to get this skin into Xion also

you can checkout the Skin HERE

would be cool if I could get a response on porting this over to Xion, thanks
It will feature some kind of RGB functionality too but not as extreme as the current version
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby pictoratus » June 19th, 2007, 8:55 am

The vertical mode is a cool idea. The side of the monitor always seemed the logical place for a player as there is more 'extra' real estate over there as opposed to top or bottom.
pictoratus
Xion Supporter

Postby ALAS » June 19th, 2007, 7:39 pm

Yeh, the vertical mode looks really special. Curious how you manage the vertical track window 8)
ALAS
Xion Fan

Postby SLoB » June 19th, 2007, 10:16 pm

the vertical track was a workaround, it is possible to shift/rotate x,y with y,x with maki but it has undesirable effects on text layers so is not a good solution

basically lots of text layers (its also possible to scale the stick to increase text length making 24 characters in total)
its not smooth tho as each character shifts 1 up or down depending on direction, but gives an old classic character type movement

the width is restricted to 1 char and some magic behind the scenes takes care of midstringing the correct character per space, the idea was borrowed from UUL's cube skin which he had text at an isometric type angle, i put them vertical, there are some other skins out there using my initial script

there are 3 text types for the vertical mode, vertical/upright text as per
a
b
c

the 2 other text types are rotated 90 degrees for both bottom to top and top to bottom orientations, top to bottom being if the stick had been rotated 90 degrees from horizontal

the implementation has been there for about 1-2 years now and it works well

to do the idea in Xion would basically require a lot of text layers and to remove the colouring/fill for each character space you didnt want to display, you would therefore require a fixed width font then chop out areas, however, as the text scrolls it wouldnt work atm, you would only be able to do a timer UNLESS Cliff implements either an orientation mode for text (would be better) or adds a no scroll(quicker) to the track keyword options
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby KEV-O » June 20th, 2007, 1:41 am

Yep, I did that on my skin "Overdrive 2" with the timer. It's a real pain to get it just right! lol good luck
KEV-O
Xion Admirer

Postby SLoB » June 20th, 2007, 3:43 am

cant do the vertical songticker until Cliff *cough* ;) gives us other track options with either noscroll or an orientation, would prefer the latter which will be more work but better done by the engine, wouldnt want it to be 1 of the 3 request/options tho ;)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby ALAS » June 20th, 2007, 8:14 pm

SLoB Wrote:wouldnt want it to be 1 of the 3 request/options tho ;)

haha, seems like the new features discussion became something like a turkish bazar :wink:
ALAS
Xion Fan

Return to Pre-Release Skin Designs