Xion Audio Player

Unamed Xion skin

Post your latest skin designs and receive feedback before you release

Postby pictoratus » June 20th, 2007, 1:22 pm

I've been working on this for a bit. No name as of yet and I haven't made it 'workable' yet. Just tossing it out there to get some feedback and thoughts

pictoratus
Xion Supporter

Postby KEV-O » June 21st, 2007, 12:56 am

Neat skin! I really like the sliders! I think the green beveled areas need work. Perhaps make the reflections more sharp, and add in a little more roughness with a brush to make it feel old like the rest of the skin. If you REALLY want to get crazy, you could make that whole bottom arch part a sliding drawer. Crack open my Overdrive 2 skin if you decide to go that route.
KEV-O
Xion Admirer

Postby pictoratus » June 21st, 2007, 10:53 am

Thanks KEV-O

I was trying for a metallic look on the green bevels but I'm still not quite satisfied with them. I'll work a bit and see if I can come up with something that seems to fit the scheme better.

On the sliding drawer, that was my intention. I'm thinking the upper part is visible by default and when playing music (I tend to stream mostly and don't fiddle with the control buttons much). Then when needed, the lower part can be accessed for control changes, etc. Dock it at the top of the screen and it sits there without taking up much space ... kind of an overseer. Hmm ... possible name. Still thinking...

I'll take a look under the hood at Overdrive 2 to see how you did it.
pictoratus
Xion Supporter

Postby KEV-O » June 21st, 2007, 2:11 pm

Sounds good! Since we can't move groups of items at once yet, the "standard procedure" for drawer making is this: You make an animation group that only includes the literal drawer opening and closing. All the little elements that are on the drawer don't slide, but actually fade in. So the button that opens the drawer also fades in the content, and viola! A drawer! It gets to be tricky with the coding and timing, but it's not that bad once you fiddle with it. But yeah, Overdrive 2 should point you in the right direction. I like the name Overseer!
KEV-O
Xion Admirer

Postby pictoratus » June 22nd, 2007, 12:08 pm

I'm checking out Overdrive 2 now. Nice looking skin! The way the drawer fades in is kinda cool. It seems like an added effect. I'll dig into it and see how you did it. I had made a prototype to experiment with sliding drawers but mine didn't have the fade in effect like Overdrive 2.

Here's an update.
One note .. the odd button is something I'm testing to see how I like it compared to the others.

pictoratus
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » June 22nd, 2007, 6:05 pm

looks like a ram, perhaps you could do a whole series of horoscopes? ;)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby pictoratus » June 22nd, 2007, 8:59 pm

SLoB Wrote:looks like a ram, perhaps you could do a whole series of horoscopes? ;)

:lol: that would be too much like 'work' :)
pictoratus
Xion Supporter

Return to Pre-Release Skin Designs