Post your latest skin designs and receive feedback before you release

Postby ForceField » September 15th, 2007, 2:12 am

Hello Guys! :D

Black Venom is my new baby!

There is two mode in this skin:

Small:
You only have the basic buttons without the Big Black Screen

Big:
It's the full player with almost everything in it.

This skin has a button wich swiches between the two modes instantly and saves its last state.

What is amazing in a black screen is that you can put any color in it :wink: .

Feel Free to Criticize :wink: .
ForceField
Xion Admirer

Postby Digimike » September 15th, 2007, 2:06 pm

Looks pretty good Forcefield.

FYI you may remember me as Travelian.
Digimike
Xion Supporter

Postby Halonut1 » September 15th, 2007, 5:23 pm

Freakin awesome, but if ya ask me the name doesnt go with it so much, if the brushed steel part was a LITTLE more darker. Then the title would be perfect. other then that. Its great!
Yo...
you can find all my skins primarily on my DeviantART account.
http://halonut1.deviantart.com/
Halonut1
Xion Admirer

Postby ALAS » September 15th, 2007, 5:59 pm

looks good! I wouldn´t use so many colors in the screen, just one or two that fit together well (eg the light green and blue).
ALAS
Xion Fan

Postby ForceField » September 16th, 2007, 12:13 am

@Digimike:
TRAVELIAN!!! :D Wow!,Hello Guys First of all I want to present you Digimike.
Digimike was not 'one of the' but THE BEST SKINNER in the Sonique Forums.If you don't believe me,go to skinbase.org and make a search for the name 'Travelian' and see by yourself.You will notice the high quality of his skins.This very skin is inspired by one of his:Aerospike.
I hope that you came here to stay Travelian.Skinning Xion is Like skinning Sonique but without Mantis:all you need is only a psd file and that's it.Please tell me that you are here to stay.It's a very nice comunity here :) .

@Halonut1:
You'r right about the name it doesn't go well with the skin.The first name that came into my mind was 'Black LCD'.BTW I am open to suggestions :D

@ALAS
I was also thinking the same thing.I initially made the first version of this skin with only one color in the screen(Blue).But then I added the 'tri-color' vu meter and ended with many colors.I will go for your suggestion and make some changes :wink:
ForceField
Xion Admirer

Postby Digimike » September 16th, 2007, 3:01 am

Heh thanks man, don't build me up to much though! lol

I've got one skin that will be out for this player in a bit, i've also got something i'm working on for winamp 5.

Oddly I must be a masochist since I find xml and programing for players fun. I may do a few more skins for Xion since its quite painless though.
Digimike
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » September 16th, 2007, 4:29 am

@Digimike - the way I like to think of it is if you make your psd workable in Xion, it is easily output for other media apps, with the use of psdtowal you can extract the layers out with automation, I use that for layers and the initial xml declarations for the elements, bear in mind that there is/was an issue with some of the colour stuff in psdtowal tho

therefore Xion is not only a really good way to get skins into a workable state for use but also a rapid development tool too
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby ForceField » September 16th, 2007, 9:25 pm

Digimike Wrote:Heh thanks man, don't build me up to much though! lol

I've got one skin that will be out for this player in a bit, i've also got something i'm working on for winamp 5.

Oddly I must be a masochist since I find xml and programing for players fun. I may do a few more skins for Xion since its quite painless though.

Glad to hear(hmm! read) that.! :D
I always liked your work Digimike and can't wait to see your first skin for Xion.Digideck was always my default skin(now I tell you! :wink: ).Believe me,once you do your first skin for Xion you get addicted to it.I also hope that the others will come here. :D

@SLoB:
I have a little problem with this skin SLoB and I need your help.There is in the big screen a minimize button(the green layer with a minus in it) wich has the 3 states(_over,_normal and _down).When I first load the skin with the big screen shown, and I put the mouse over the minimize button(without clicking),it disapear and to see it again you must hide and show the screen.Even after that there is a problem with the _over state and it don't show sometimes.
This is the first time that I hide a button.I don't know if this is a bug but I didn't forget the svst function.
ForceField
Xion Admirer

Postby SLoB » September 16th, 2007, 10:42 pm

mail me the skin ForceField and I'll check it out for you, are you using the new beta version on this skin?
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Digimike » September 17th, 2007, 6:14 am

Thanks for the info SLoB.

FYI I was checking out some of your work. Your skins look absolutely amazing.
Digimike
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » September 17th, 2007, 9:12 pm

Thanks DigiMike :) I checked out some of yours too, very nice too :)

ForceField, I reckon the yellow parts in the lcd would look more in keeping with being a blue equivalent sort of colour
I have a utility I did a few years back for creating colour themes for wa skins called RTG which can help show some of the colour schemes such as triadic, analogous, split, paired complements which might be of some use to you guys, I'm a fan of trying to keep colour themes that have some sort of science behind them
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby ForceField » September 18th, 2007, 3:24 am

Ok SLoB, I am sending you the skin in a compressed zip file.

And I am very interested in this utility you have.Can you also email me back or post it.

When I first made Black (Venom) everything was blue in the screen but his look was sad.This is why I added all those colors.

P.S:I am still using the 82 version.
ForceField
Xion Admirer

Postby SLoB » September 25th, 2007, 5:57 am

sorry for the delay ForceField, u got mail :)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby ForceField » September 26th, 2007, 5:01 am

Thanks SLoB,Got it!
ForceField
Xion Admirer

Return to Pre-Release Skin Designs