Xion Audio Player

Fullscreen 'party' skin for Xion

Post your latest skin designs and receive feedback before you release

Postby xonenine » February 20th, 2009, 1:41 pm

and a draft of one of the album art display options... :) I will also try it as a single fold.

and a flip, forgot we had that,hehe
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » February 22nd, 2009, 1:07 pm

I had to stop and weigh the skin, I have a couple of times.it could get quite large, right now it's about 9.38 MB zipped, I plan to add the spotlights and at the same time trim it down about 2 MB before uploading it for a final size I hope of about 8 to 9 MB tops. :)

here is a link to a full size preview :)
http://www.geocities.com/downwcarbon/x1024.JPG

getting the light animations to toggle both colors and angles with different buttons was undoubtedly the most fun part.so now I have the best for last, piggybacking the light beams themselves, while retaining their different effects, and supplying those buttons. :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » February 23rd, 2009, 3:44 am

I will rebuild the docks as I add the shadows and such, I cain't stand 'em. What I'd really like to add is some soft images slowly playing inside the surfaces of the menu glass, but I might save that one for another design. :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » February 24th, 2009, 11:32 am

updates:building new docks, now they appear more functional to me.Switched main font to one a little clearer (TY logokas). Built center spot light animation.I see light at the end of the tunnel,hehe. :) The albumart doesn't seem to mar viewing the menus too much, but there's an option to move it.The left side icons will be refined.I will start filling in some shadows.
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby logokas » February 25th, 2009, 12:05 am

Avoid using light backgrounds against white fonts, or at least make sure the white areas of a background don't come in contact with the text. It ruins readability the same way a crazy-ass font does.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby xonenine » February 26th, 2009, 3:10 am

hehe, I knew I should have fixed it.Some albums really look nice behind it, but some don't.I'll hide the albumart when the menu's open.Thanks! :)

update:albumart now hides when menus are onscreen.Modified albumart option to use as wallpaper right side screen. :)

xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » February 28th, 2009, 7:03 am

Making final spotlights, adding indi states and player icons, load interface icon, minimize and close buttons, stick or bar interface(the x14 interface is too heavy, i want the bar to be inobtrusive, transparent, taskbar size,truly out of the way.Will add better looking background pack(8 instead of 4), and thats my "punch list" for now. :)

edit:and playing lost planet.This is an important aspect of the workflow. :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » March 3rd, 2009, 1:02 pm

Last chance to add some critique, This is my first fullscreen, I'd like to know what rankles the user :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » March 11th, 2009, 1:14 pm

I was down w a bad cold for bout a week, believe me, I can't wait to get back to the comp again. :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » March 18th, 2009, 7:49 am

Now I'm truly about done, the new lights look as well as I'd hoped, 'cause it just wouldn't be worth doing them if they look fake...just a few more days of polishing and aligning and a new stick mode left to do. :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby Lance » March 18th, 2009, 1:22 pm

This is an absolute beast! What's the cpu usage like on this thing? Very interested to see how this will all work out.

Peace, Lance
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby xonenine » March 18th, 2009, 1:30 pm

I only have a small rig here, and I can tell you, it can lag, but mostly lags on loading.I left options to turn everything off, anims, albumart, lights, or turn on as much as the user can stand, hehe.I'd hate to quote sidebar usage running an athlon 4200 w/ 1GB of ram, I'm way below spec. right now.

The next full screen skin will be alot more virtual dj style tho, more streamlined for speed... :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » March 19th, 2009, 7:09 am

You know Lance, you made me think today, and I believe I'll run through the skin and cull a few more anims and backgounds as I merge down, maybe I can pep it up some, because there are always more skins to make. :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » March 23rd, 2009, 2:18 am

This is a better looking screenshot. :)

http://www.geocities.com/downwcarbon/x1024bb.JPG
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby logokas » March 23rd, 2009, 5:35 am

Will you finally release it? It's taking you forever and a half, it seems.

I'm somewhat in the midst of working on a fullscreen skin myself, though i put it a bit on hold for later. I need to rework some design elements.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Pre-Release Skin Designs