Xion Audio Player

Fullscreen 'party' skin for Xion

Post your latest skin designs and receive feedback before you release

Postby xonenine » January 14th, 2009, 3:17 am

this is the start of a fullscreen idea...xonenine :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » January 14th, 2009, 7:17 am

a bit further on...so far I plan to add a lighting control panel, scale down and move the vis screens, make several custom vis, rearrange side lights, add control panel to change the backgrounds, fonts, etc. If you have any ideas how to make it look nicer, or parts a full screen player should include, please say so.
Also, I'd like to pin the playlist open in this one...if I knew how. ](*,)
have fun, xonenine :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » January 15th, 2009, 2:40 pm

okay, add speakers and make the lights and speakers animated: now I've made some speakers and cables for the plasmas. :)

update: added album art screen, full speaker animation
update: added light rotation option, adding light color options
update: easy access light and player controls via on screen menus and docks bottom of plasma screens :)

xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » January 18th, 2009, 1:35 pm

The lights in the middle of a rotation, a preview of an onscreen menu and the general dock size and area.

Still to come:Adding the various light beams and colors, which will include a flat fan/laser scan mode, pulsing spots, and soft highligts for now. A new look for the onscreen menu and dock bar, a small background pack of textures, 3 or 4 visualizations, and menu fast access buttons on the main player.Enlarge screen.Add a control to adjust the height of the screens.When it's possible the playlist will be on screen or at the very least on another nice screen :)
:) (The next version will incorporate the ability to choose different light effects and different hardware components from the on screen menu, then a gantry robot will change the appropriate heads!) :)

xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » January 22nd, 2009, 4:35 pm

these are some new features:Added small optional speaker vis or animation. Added vis for main screen, added background and animation switches.Added new menu.Still have to make a few more vis and all the light beams...and add all the shadow or extrusions. :)

Last edited by xonenine on January 23rd, 2009, 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby SLoB » January 23rd, 2009, 9:29 am

looking good :)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby xonenine » January 23rd, 2009, 9:59 am

ty, dude :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » January 25th, 2009, 10:01 am

I.ve added a toggle type switch to the dock menu system, so that no close window button is necessary. Solved any animation blink problems by running animation type(1) backwards w/ no pause. Now a useful set of lights rotates into position as the skin opens, rather than looping through the animation and then assuming normal activity. In fact working backwards, so to speak, ie running the animations or aclaswch type layers as aclahide first then aclaswch. Anyway, to make a long story short, I understand new ways to make the animations and switches appear more seamless, and thats a good thing. :)

Added a reflective floor and shadow to 1st vis, made 3 or 4 more, making new anim for tweeters, added 2nd main vis, two menus completed, several more options, and lights to go, then I'll clean it up so it's presentable.Just about nothing is merged down at this point, ideally I'd like to compile a library of every type of audio and video component that will be available to myself and anyone else who wants it. :)

whoops forgot:will add option to run player w/ static or animated backgrounds.

xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » February 1st, 2009, 4:01 am

Making new fractal animations and a couple w/ one of my older favorites, KPT texture explorer.Making a nice matching icon set for the docks. :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » February 8th, 2009, 3:17 am

These are the latest updates: added several new visualizations, added color options to spotlights, they now swing to two angles and 3 sets of colors.Added several backgrounds.Still have to build left side dock icons and several light beams.All navigable by on screen menus. :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » February 12th, 2009, 6:05 am

A shot of a more traditional vu meter animation option, composed of 121 pegs using 11 frames... :) I have about 1 more weeks' worth of work to do on this skin.

xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby logokas » February 12th, 2009, 6:13 pm

:o you stole an idea of mine!

Well, i was planning mine to be more for isometric view. But still D: *shakes fist*
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby xonenine » February 12th, 2009, 11:55 pm

I cant wait to see it, logokas, I'm gettin a little tired of only looking at mine, hehe :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » February 15th, 2009, 1:44 pm

This is the approx. size of the mini interface.I'm sure I'll play with it some. :)

oh yeah, added several font and font color options to fullscreen.

xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » February 20th, 2009, 5:37 am

well, it was silly of me to think a week, hehe, but it's progressing.This is the one fractal I decided to keep... :)

xonenine
Xion Freak

PreviousNext

Return to Pre-Release Skin Designs