Xion Audio Player

First Skin

Post your latest skin designs and receive feedback before you release

Postby blubbergeist » June 1st, 2008, 4:55 am

hi everybody:

Found xion yesterdy on the internet, and i decided to make a skin for it, because it´s so easy :D

http://www.file-upload.net/download-886119/alloy.psd.html

Would be happy about some commentz (=

greetz blubbergeist
blubbergeist
Xion Supporter

Postby ALAS » June 1st, 2008, 5:19 am

blubbergeist Wrote:hi everybody:

...because it´s so easy :D

yes that´s good but also bad, cause by that a lot of people forget to make an effort for the idea and the design.

Sorry but this one looks like a hundred other skins for Xion- made within one or two hours...

I would rework it completely...
ALAS
Xion Fan

Postby blubbergeist » June 1st, 2008, 5:36 am

ALAS Wrote:
blubbergeist Wrote:hi everybody:

...because it´s so easy :D

yes that´s good but also bad, cause by that a lot of people forget to make an effort for the idea and the design.

Sorry but this one looks like a hundred other skins for Xion- made within one or two hours...

I would rework it completely...

Noo

That´s my first try.
I will make other themes too.
But when i made this one, i only wanted to know how to do the basic functions...
So don´t be that hard :D

Sorry for my bad english...
blubbergeist
Xion Supporter

Postby OfficerMike07 » June 1st, 2008, 6:29 am

Well, it doesn't look half bad as an idea, but it could stand a bit of cleanup. Just make sure to get rid of any and all jaggies before releasing a skin, and I don't think you'll do too badly here. :P
OfficerMike07
Xion Fan

Location: A house, Lakeland, Florida, United States, North America, Earth, Milky Way

Postby blubbergeist » June 1st, 2008, 6:45 am

OfficerMike07 Wrote:Well, it doesn't look half bad as an idea, but it could stand a bit of cleanup. Just make sure to get rid of any and all jaggies before releasing a skin, and I don't think you'll do too badly here. :P

Thank you

EDIT: Is ALAS German?
blubbergeist
Xion Supporter

Postby ALAS » June 1st, 2008, 7:28 am

blubbergeist Wrote:So don´t be that hard :D

not, hard, just honest :-)

You asked for A comment, not for a positive comment!

now concrete:

It is not bad for a first attempt, but it looks as if you didn´t put much time in it (you mentioned you didn´t).
And you mixed a few styles of design here, I think. The main body is ok, I think you started with that, at least you put the most thoughts into it. But e.g. the close/ minimize buttons don´t fit to it-they are flat, the control buttons are just smeared in (they are simple in the sense of uninteresting). The sliderbit isn´t aligned to the bar.

I like the main body but the rest seems to be just made to be there...

well, and the jaggies

maybe if you just wait for two or three days and have a look at it again, you´ll see what I mean - or deside it´s ok. But that´s what I meant, you can get SOME results within a short time with Xion without letting grow some idea, which makes a skin a good skin.

Is alas german? yes, he is. and blubbergeist is german, too? Blubbergeist? Of course he is german... :-)
ALAS
Xion Fan

Postby SLoB » June 1st, 2008, 7:33 am

aye, spend some time designing, often paper and pencil is the best way to at least get ideas down, then you can create stuff in photoshop, it is worth the effort to spend time on the design aspects rather than just spitting out a skin for the sake of it.

people who download your skins will also appreciate the effort you put in too.

consistency is also key, as ALAS pointed out on your skin so far, it needs more consistency and polish, even if its your first skin it is worth trying to work on aspects that need improving which I'm sure you will do over time and practice, keep at it :)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Return to Pre-Release Skin Designs