Xion Audio Player

Turbine Beta

Post your latest skin designs and receive feedback before you release

Postby Crotale » June 11th, 2008, 12:55 am

Thanks for the help you guys. I supplemented the animation layers with the moveable command and that works well. I also added in a white colored rectangle the size of psd canvas and named it snaprectangle, but, the darn skin still will not snap when the blades are spinning.

10 to 1, odds are I have overlooked something really simple.

http://www.acliffhanger.com/downloads/turbine.xsf
Crotale
Xion Supporter

Postby WinstonGFX » June 11th, 2008, 1:17 am

OK looking at your file, I'm on a Mac right now so I can't test it, but why do you have more than 1 PSD in the zip? Also, pretty sure you can hide the snaprectangle layer. Also, you should probably crop you canvas tighter, dunno if it matters though.
WinstonGFX
Xion Admirer

Postby Crotale » June 11th, 2008, 1:37 am

Uh, I have two .psd files because that was what I thought was the way to work the animation on and off. I got that from looking at other skins. Am I doing it wrong, perhaps? Also, I trimmed the the canvas down fairly close this time, but I think I can cull it back about another 5 px or so on all sides.

Edit:/ Okay, I am now officially frustrated. I know I have a lot to learn about the process of skinning, but I cannot get the snap to work when the blades are rotating. Also, I attempted to put both the stationary and the rotating animations into the same .psd and cannot get it to work properly. I'm going to have to seriously regroup and start afresh or something, as I have a tendency to make things more difficult than they need to be.

Edit2:/I wanted this skin to be fairly simple and straightforward, but somehow I've mucked up that process. I have two .psd files in the zip, one has the stationary blades, the other has the rotating blades. I'm using a loadinterface command to switch between the two, which works fine except for the snaprectangle issue. I am finding that my stationary skin wants to "disregard" the snaprectangle and snap where it wants to. The rotating skin also disregards the snaprectangle and refuses to snap at all. That is what I will focus on for now. I know there has to be a way to correct this issue, but I'm at a loss at the moment.
Last edited by Crotale on June 11th, 2008, 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crotale
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » June 11th, 2008, 2:55 am

just put the animation group for the rotation in the psd and use a toggle group to turn it on/off

it can be kept in the same psd
doesnt have to be ott

will take a quick look in an hour or so
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Crotale » June 11th, 2008, 3:23 am

I tried that and I think I do not understand the process.
Crotale
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » June 11th, 2008, 3:54 am

grab THIS

check your animation group layer name

at the top of the psd structure/tree look at your button which had load interface, its now a button to toggle the small 4 layer group which toggles your animation

its as simple as that :)

would suggest adding in a couple more rotation layers so its a bit smoother, xion pretty much uses zero cpu on animations now, this was using 0 on mine so i think you can afford to bosh in a few more layers to ease the transition from frame to frame
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Crotale » June 11th, 2008, 4:07 am

Holy crap! This is more involved than I realized. I'm such a simpleton. Two things, what are the "TT" and "SVST"?

And thanks a million for the help. Winston and you are lifesavers!
Crotale
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » June 11th, 2008, 4:19 am

nps :)

heheh i'm tempted so bosh a link to the reference layer chart heheh

savestate, tooltip ;)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Crotale » June 11th, 2008, 4:36 am

Thanks! This is definitely a learning process for me.

Edit:/ Made a couple of minor changes, as well increased the blades' layers.

http://www.cliffhanger.com/downloads/turbine.xsf
Crotale
Xion Supporter

Previous

Return to Pre-Release Skin Designs