Xion Audio Player

Panel animation help

Post your latest skin designs and receive feedback before you release

Postby Pumakitten » June 16th, 2008, 1:33 pm

I have been making xion players for just a short while...and I'm working on one for a 4th of July suite. What I am having problems with...is the animation for the drop panel that will house the player buttons.
This is the OD version...I just can't quite get the buttons working for the panel to drop and retract in each color.
I have the animation to change the frame color, the lens color, the trim, and the icons in the center working ok.
I have separate animations for the panel to drop down, in Red/White/Blue, OD green, and brushed aluminum.
I would really appreciate any feedback on this! I can send the psd, if necessary. Thanks!
"Amore Vincit Omnia"
Pumakitten
Xion Supporter

Postby xonenine » June 17th, 2008, 8:16 am

I id the necessary buttons then use aclashow(actionlayershow)/ aclahide(actionlayerhide) where applicable. There ia a simplified version in my xpress skin, but there are others here who do it better. Hope thats a start,
xonenine :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby Pumakitten » June 18th, 2008, 2:47 am

Thanks for the reply xonenine! I tried to do that...and it just wouldn't work! I made the animation for the drop panel in each of the 3 frame colors...and it would work for one of them...just not the other 2! :(
I reworked the panel, so that it would work with all three frames..and I got rid of the flagpoles for the balance and volume, even though its showing in this shot..
I really wanted to use the drop with the hydraulics...I'm just starting to dabble with the animation, and its mostly trial and error..lol...
I love the ease of skinning Xion! I'm just struggling a little with the layer names.. :D
Any more suggestions would be most appreciated!!
"Amore Vincit Omnia"
Pumakitten
Xion Supporter

Postby xonenine » June 18th, 2008, 11:05 am

I ran into the same problem also, so I combined load interface commands in conjunction w the aclashow/aclahide. In other words, I got it to work by in effect loading a different skin, which works, but someone with more experience could undoubtedly do multiples without the extra interfaces.
Have fun,
xonenine. :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby SLoB » June 18th, 2008, 5:53 pm

pm me the skin, i'll take a shifty, also put in exactly what you want to do :)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Pumakitten » June 19th, 2008, 1:19 am

Thanks SLoB! I really appreciate the help! :D Its on the way!
"Amore Vincit Omnia"
Pumakitten
Xion Supporter

Return to Pre-Release Skin Designs