Xion Audio Player

I've Been A Bit Silly..

General Discussion about Xion Audio Player

Postby EphemeralBlue » November 5th, 2011, 9:36 am

So yeah, in a moment of foolishness, I right clicked Xion, and unchecked the main interface window when nothing else was open.. Now of course no part of Xion is showing and I can't right click on anything to return me the main interface window.

Even when I re-start Xion, it remembers that main interface is unchecked. It's a bit of a pain.

Any help?
EphemeralBlue
Xion Supporter

Postby ProtractorNinja » November 6th, 2011, 10:55 pm

Press Control + Alt + i.

I wrote out the instruction below prior to learning of the keyboard shortcut, so if the above instruction doesn't work try the more complicated method.

Did you set the taskbar icon setting to visible? If so, you can re-enable the main window from there; the taskbar menu is the same as the right-click menu for the main interface.

If you didn't enable it, find your settings.dat file (it's in the same directory as the Xion executable) and find the line that looks something like this:
Code: Select All Code
<Core Autoplay="true" CrossfadeTime="1000" Crossfade="true" ShowInTaskbar="false" OnTop="true" AutoUpdate="false" TrackTitleFormat="%IFV1(%ITRM(%ARTI),%ITRM(%ARTI))%IFV1(%ITRM(%TITL),%IFV1(%ITRM(%ARTI), - ))%IFV1(%ITRM(%TITL),%ITRM(%TITL))" />

Change the ShowInTaskBar variable to "true" and restart Xion. You should be able to use the method I detailed before from there.

And if everything fails for some reason, just redownload / reinstall.
ProtractorNinja
Xion Supporter

Postby djinn2 » November 7th, 2011, 12:44 pm

There should be an icon for Xion in the system tray on the taskbar. Right-clicking on this gives you the main menu so you can re-enable the main interface. You may have the Xion icon hidden, in which case you'll need to unhide it in the notification area icons list.
djinn2
Xion Admirer

Return to General Xion Discussion