Xion Audio Player

Xion Wallpaper.....

General Discussion about Xion Audio Player

Postby YourNumbr1Fan » November 25th, 2011, 11:42 am

Here's an idea: I'm thinking of making a skin that's actually a functioning wallpaper.....with speakers, and all the other media-player effects in different places on the desktop! In fact, the "wallpaper" could be transparent (my desktop monitor is 1920x1080)....thataway, you could still have an underlying wall. A minimal wall would be the ticket, I think. And I'll make all the buttons with a pressed effect (like letterpress), having Token hover- and pushed effects. They could be placed along the edges, maybe an inch above the taskbar, top and bottom, so they wouldn't get accidentally pushed during daily computing tasks. It could look really stylish. Maybe put the visualization in a narrow place on top, and the meters on either side.....Almost like a "Xion-RainMeter" thing!
Hey, just an idea!
The entire world belongs to we Xionists!
You Will Respect Our Author-i-teh!!!
YourNumbr1Fan
Xion Supporter

Postby logokas » November 25th, 2011, 12:30 pm

This is not a request board. If you want something, make it yourself, considering that Xion skins are probably the easiest to make out of all the music players out there on the internet.

That said, i tried a fullscreen Xion skin, and it turns out to be very inefficient, because the Xion rendering system works in software mode, i.e. it takes ridiculous amounts of CPU power if you keep adding things that are bigger than the average sized skins here. You could probably even end up with 100% usage with enough elements and font smoothing.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby YourNumbr1Fan » November 25th, 2011, 5:42 pm

Hey man, what's your problem??!---I didn't "request" anything in the above post; I was making a general discussion topic. So where do you come off informing me that this isn't a request board?
YourNumbr1Fan
Xion Supporter

Postby regener8ed » November 26th, 2011, 12:47 am

as logokas pointed out, resources will be an issue.
a workaround would be to create a wallpaper image and a skin that "fits" into it -- with the skin being only as large as necessary for control. an additional benefit to this method is that desktop resolution could vary without requiring skin modification, just the wallpaper.
regener8ed
Xion Supporter

Postby YourNumbr1Fan » November 27th, 2011, 1:03 am

That's a good idea, but wouldn't it still require a transparent layer that would be pretty large if I, say, wanted to put the buttons along an inch from top-or-bottom taskbar area? It was just a thought.
YourNumbr1Fan
Xion Supporter

Return to General Xion Discussion