Xion Audio Player

Album Art Display for .flac

Feature Requests and Ideas

Postby BrokenCompass » January 5th, 2012, 5:27 am

Hey.
I didn't see this being requested yet, but I might've missed it (sorry, if I did!).
In case you're still going to continue developing for this, Cliff, would it be possible to allow Xion to display the album art for .flac files? I was unable to make it display the art correctly, so I'm guessing it's handled in a different way (unless I did something wrong).

Thanks.
BrokenCompass
Xion Supporter

Postby logokas » January 23rd, 2012, 4:34 pm

Xion, if unable to grab any album art from the files themselves, defaults to a .jpg within the folder the file is in. I'm not sure what the naming rule was, but 'albumart', 'art', 'cover' may be the keywords it looks for.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Cliff Cawley » January 25th, 2012, 7:27 am

BrokenCompass Wrote:Hey.
I didn't see this being requested yet, but I might've missed it (sorry, if I did!).
In case you're still going to continue developing for this, Cliff, would it be possible to allow Xion to display the album art for .flac files? I was unable to make it display the art correctly, so I'm guessing it's handled in a different way (unless I did something wrong).

Thanks.

It's possible the .flac file has a different tag format. Can you perhaps send me the file on the Contact page so I can check it out here?

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby BrokenCompass » January 29th, 2012, 11:46 am

A while after posting this I actually figured out myself.
A .jpeg with "cover" or "folder" as name does indeed work (didn't test more alternatives). Xion auto-fetches the image and applies it just fine .
flac uses its own native tagging system, so I thought Xion just couldn't display, but it seems I was trying to add the album art incorrectly (More specifically through an ID3 editor. Even though the other info works if added through that, album art seems to be the only one that doesn't get fetched correctly if added that way).

After trying this out, however, what method is Xion using to scale down the album art?
Is it using nearest-neighbor interpolation? If so, would there be any chance of switching it to bilinear or bicubic (or applying anti-aliasing)?
I'm using images usually with about 500x500. When it scales them down (to roughly 110x110, in my case), it introduces....scaling aliasing (I believe that's it)? The result is something like this:
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/949/ ... caling.jpg

I realize this is a somewhat petty request (and perhaps not desirable for everyone one), but I figured I should ask anyway.
Thank you for the replies, either way, both of you.
And good luck with getting your life in track, Cliff. Been using Xion for years and hope to keep it that way!
BrokenCompass
Xion Supporter

Postby Lance » February 7th, 2012, 1:16 am

Re: Alum art anti-aliasing.

This was taken care of last year some time and will be available in the next public/beta build. I requested it to Cliff ages ago for the new default we're working on, and now the album art looks super sexy :D
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Return to Feature Requests