Xion Audio Player

Can someone point me to a "complete" skin

Skinning Questions, Suggestions and Ideas

Postby deema » January 21st, 2014, 5:03 am

EDIT----errr, I guess maybe the default skin has all? Or no because aspects of functionality were added after it was created?

One that utilizes "every" keyword, eq, viz layers (playlist not as important), what else, I guess that would cover all there is, eh?

I am just about to put together a "full" 1080P sized skin using a commercial stock UI that I just bought and it has, it appears, "extra" layers that I am not even sure what they would do on an audio player. I would like to use all of them that Xion has a layer for, but until I know what these things potentially could do, they are just taking up space.

I am going to start on pretty much every tutorial right now but it would help to see a really complete package, including help me see the complexity of layer...layering...:/....and resource utilization.

Thanks folks
Splinter, Anything Can Be Anything

Blood type O Negative, I bleed zeros and ones
deema
Xion Supporter

Postby logokas » January 21st, 2014, 9:23 am

There is no skin that uses every keyword at this moment, as that would be an immense resource hog and a waste of space.

There is a complete list of keywords with descriptions on what they do right here:
http://www.xionplayer.com/page/help/top ... s-Overview

This is your end all be all resource to everything Xion can do at this point in time.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Lance » January 21st, 2014, 3:07 pm

Yeah even the default has a few things missing. I'd advise looking through the PSDs of it though as I left some notes in the layer names to help out a bit.
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby deema » January 21st, 2014, 3:50 pm

Lance Wrote:Yeah even the default has a few things missing. I'd advise looking through the PSDs of it though as I left some notes in the layer names to help out a bit.

EDIT----WELL, I just discovered PS scripting, which is flippin awesome, so I am gonna give it all a go, myself, now.

Thanks, both of ya'll. But I actually, a few minutes ago, decided to just pay someone to keyword the layers. Anyone that sees this and is interested, let me know, otherwise I'm just gonna post a freelance gig.

I am proficient with Splinter, Flash, and paint.NET. The thing about pdn, is that up until a month ago, pdn had the worst layering box functionality of any app, anywhere on the planet, and I had to learn and think in a completely different way, with layers. choosing to flatten at every opportunity that kept the visuals proper. What would take me an entire day to become proficient in both the keywords and much more effective PS navigation practices, will take an standard PS user a couple of hours max, I think, as layer name copy/pasting ls for the most part, all that is needed, and my task is Herculean. A day saved in one area means one utilized in another and one day sooner to completion.

I was reluctant to decide this, as just as I did not jump at your offer initially, I wish to the vast majority of the work and creation, myself. But as I am using premade Xion players anyway, paying for keyword coding isn't a blemish on overall design of the splinterface, in the bigger picture, being done solely by me, which is purely selfish in desire, but not unwarranted.

And the skin, the screen sized interface, is going to be the "Xion page', home base, int he splinterface. From any of the 45 wallpapers, clicking on the xion icon or keyboard shortcut will link you the player page in a seamless fashion. I especially like this idea cause for the MAJORITY of the skins I have run, hundreds now, I can't find SH!T on those players that I am looking for at that moment, and usually just flip to another skinllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllkddddddddddddddsfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff------
THAT, right there, was me falling asleep at the helm. I hope I answered whatever it was I am doing here right now or however that can be made to make sense
Splinter, Anything Can Be Anything

Blood type O Negative, I bleed zeros and ones
deema
Xion Supporter

Return to General Skin Discussion