Xion Audio Player

Oh man...

General Discussion about Xion Audio Player

Postby Harkonenn » January 4th, 2007, 11:20 pm

Well, normally I'd be active and interested in what's going on, but the hard drive in my laptop is dying. Why me - WHY ME??? Y'know how I found out? I was using the latest build (65) and it was skipping, randomly stopping and starting, even sounded crackly! I thought, "No way would Cliff let this out like this." After a few hours, my whole system started acting up - file copies were failing, everything would freeze intermittently while the drive light stayed on... NIGHTMARE.

So, I can't even enjoy music now. I just have to wait until a get a new drive... If anyone has a shoulder to cry on, I'd really appreciate it.
Harkonenn
Xion Supporter

Postby KEV-O » January 5th, 2007, 12:49 am

Ah man. Thats no good!! Good luck with gettin' a new one. Quick! Back those files up!
KEV-O
Xion Admirer

Postby Harkonenn » January 5th, 2007, 1:21 am

Yeah, I'm madly backing up. It just sucks that I don't have enough space on my backup drive - so I have to backup the backup before I backup! :roll:
Harkonenn
Xion Supporter

Postby VAG » January 7th, 2007, 10:43 am

Hello Harkonenn,
A friend today just saved his "arse" with that tool:
RStudio Network Edition 3.5
http://www.r-studio.com

His 300gig drive was corrupted, he didn't formated, and he got it back to life...he is photographer, that means money ;)

good luck.
"Skin your Music"
www.metaskins.net
VAG
Xion Supporter

Postby Harkonenn » January 7th, 2007, 11:19 am

Thanks for the tip, Vag! I'm checking it out now... I sure do hope it all goes well and I can get back to skinning!
Harkonenn
Xion Supporter

Return to General Xion Discussion